Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

This is in regard to a mediacenter PC but I am posting here assuming that it
is actually a Media player problem!

Two things and I am not sure if they are related but I hope that someone
will help me sort it out! The first thing, Reuters stopped working in
spotlight and it gives the following error when I click on it;

[ A runtime error has occurred, Do you wish to debug? LINE: 29 Error:
Object doesn't support this property or method]

The other problem is when I try to play any video from spotlight showcase I
get the following;

[Can't play video: The file type isn't recognize and cannot be played.
Either the correct codec (....) is not installed or the file is corrupted.]

Again, I hope that someone would be kind and help out. This has been my main
source of news and other things for a while! I don't have cable or a TV for
that matter. Thanks!