Ordered XP Pro from MS - Order has disapeared!

August 17, 2005 3:29:27 AM

Hi

I went to update my Win XP Pro today, to find that it's a dud copy.. (I
bought the PC second hand few weeks ago).

Anyway, it turns out Microsoft offer a way of validating my current
version on my computer if I buy a key from them. I went through the
proccess, filled out a report and gave them my details and payment for
£91.74 (UK).

Everything went through ok, I was taken to a page with my order
information.. It said, order proccessing or somthing. So I figured I have
to wait for it to go through before I can use the validation utility.

Later I went to log back in to check my order and it's gone! It says, 'We
do not have any online orders associated with the Passport-sign in/password
combination that you used to log in'.. Well, my password and login name
have not changed, it's the only one I have..

Does anyone know what's happened? I have order confirmation e-mail with
order numbers etc... But even when I get to the MS homepage there is no
reference to any kind of online shop...

Any help/info on this would be appreciated

Thanks
Jon
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:29:28 AM

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP