My brother had an old Dell Inspiron for about 6 years and the motherboard finally failed. He wants to get the most bang for his buck with this new laptop. I've pasted the FAQ below to help anyone looking for more information. Thanks!
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x1920 is preferred, but 1366 is ok too
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It needs to be portable so he can move around with it, but it will be his main computer.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Minimum 4 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Streaming from netflix, work with office (word, excel, powerpoint, etc), watch movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
He has a 1TB external already, so maybe 500-750GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Open to most reputable sites (amazon, newegg, etc)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
He wants a Blu ray optical drive, but doesn't know what he'd use it for. At least need a DVD writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
He's had bad experiences with Acer and Dell so he wants to avoid them.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.