Can't get to TechNet Plus Subscriber Online Services

On the Technet home page, when I click on the link, "Already a subscriber?"
on the right to sign in it takes me to the following web page:
https://members.microsoft.com/technet/common/
where I get "The page cannot be displayed" error.
I get this on more than one PC running Windows XP sp2 at my my work, and I
am able to logon to other https sites with XPsp2. But I just can't get into
my technet site.

However, when I use a PC with Windows XP sp1 I have not problems at my work.
4 answers Last reply
More about technet subscriber online services

    You may wish to visit the TechNet newsgroup and repost your question:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Kurt_MI" <KurtMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    | On the Technet home page, when I click on the link, "Already a subscriber?"
    | on the right to sign in it takes me to the following web page:
    | https://members.microsoft.com/technet/common/
    | where I get "The page cannot be displayed" error.
    | I get this on more than one PC running Windows XP sp2 at my my work, and I
    | am able to logon to other https sites with XPsp2. But I just can't get into
    | my technet site.
    |
    | However, when I use a PC with Windows XP sp1 I have not problems at my work.

    Thank you for the tip on where to post, but I am having trouble getting to
    your link.

    in SharpReader I tried:
    but it didn't work

    In IE I also tried:
    https://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.technet
    http://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.technet
    but it didn't work

    I am not familiar with "news://"
    Please explain...

    Thx :-)

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You may wish to visit the TechNet newsgroup and repost your question:
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Kurt_MI" <KurtMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > | On the Technet home page, when I click on the link, "Already a subscriber?"
    > | on the right to sign in it takes me to the following web page:
    > | https://members.microsoft.com/technet/common/
    > | where I get "The page cannot be displayed" error.
    > | I get this on more than one PC running Windows XP sp2 at my my work, and I
    > | am able to logon to other https sites with XPsp2. But I just can't get into
    > | my technet site.
    > |
    > | However, when I use a PC with Windows XP sp1 I have not problems at my work.

    You will eXPerience a far better, and quicker, newsgroup posting
    by using the Outlook Express newsreader rather than relying on the
    web-based newsgroup web site:

    Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express

    Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "Kurt_MI" wrote:

    | Thank you for the tip on where to post, but I am having trouble getting to
    | your link.
    |
    | in SharpReader I tried:
    | but it didn't work
    |
    | In IE I also tried:
    | https://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.technet
    | http://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.technet
    | but it didn't work
    |
    | I am not familiar with "news://"
    | Please explain...
    |
    | Thx :-)

    Excellent!!! Thank you for the Advice and TimeSaving Direct Links, I will
    try this!!!

    ....first I have to get Out Look Express enbled on my work PC, it was
    dis-abled by Novell People on our Corporate Image. And I wil also try it on
    my home PC (which is 10x better than anything we have at work)

    I will update this link when, and let you know how it went.

    Thx again for your Fast Responce!
    Kurt

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > You will eXPerience a far better, and quicker, newsgroup posting
    > by using the Outlook Express newsreader rather than relying on the
    > web-based newsgroup web site:
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >
    > Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Kurt_MI" wrote:
    >
    > | Thank you for the tip on where to post, but I am having trouble getting to
    > | your link.
    > |
    > | in SharpReader I tried:
    > | but it didn't work
    > |
    > | In IE I also tried: