How screwed am I.........................

August 17, 2005 8:40:01 AM

Using Win XP Home Edition upgrade.was using160 GB HD,now 80 GB, Athlon
XP 2500+. I was
tweaking some settings. I wanted to get rid of log in screen after
booting. I have never set up a password, so all I had to do was hit
enter to get passed it. I forget what the hell I did, but next time I
booted, I got an administrator log-in screen. Seeing I have never
used
a password, I just hit enter again assuming the same thing would
happen. Well it didn't. Instead I got a message that said, "unable to
log on because of an account restriction" I have tried a bunch of
passes that I have used on my computer in the past knowing it was a
waste of time, and it was. Only reason I am here now is because I
reloaded another hd, put on windows, and so on. Is there a way to
bypass the log in so I can get in, or is it a lost HD?

Cheers,
Sleepy

More about : screwed

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:40:02 AM

This may help:-
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the boot
disk, this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system
!