2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
From 14 to 17 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Looking for 1080p, can settle with 900p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Combination of both will be okay
5. How much battery life do you need?
more than two hours which is pretty much guaranteed anyways
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I play Skyrim and Lord of the Rings Online, maybe some World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just Powerpoint, Word, web surfing, email, games
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I got a 2TB external and Skydrive holds my documents so space not too important. 256GB + is sufficient
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Looking at NCIX mostly since I can pick it up. Or bestbuy, futureshop, staples
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible. But realistically I would probably upgrade in a couple of years to keep it up to date
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I want to avoid the Acer, Sony brands. I am looking into Asus, Dell, MSI, HP, Lenovo
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I already have a tablet for ultimate portability (Surface Pro) and a gaming desktop (i5 3570k and GTX 660 Ti)But I am looking for a laptop for the times where I am out and I need a level of productivity I can not achieve on my tablet as well as being able to game. The surface pro can run the games but it gets really hot and I am afraid I would end up melting it.
I have looked into some gaming and business end laptops since they are reliable. Also looked into dell's inspiron lineup.
For MSI I am looking into the GE60 and GE70 models, latest ones with the i73630QM 8GB GTX 660M
The GT60 and GT 70 similar but with a GTX 675M
ASUS gaming laptops have similar specs too.
Alienware seems really expensive but I am told has good service.
But then I also dont really need a state of the art gaming machine and Was looking into ASUS n56 business and some HP envy's and Lenovo y580 and so on.
And on topic with my thread title, should I get one now or wait for the new CPU's... whenever they come out.
I am sincerely sorry for two posts. It took me to a page that said unavailable then to a page saying flood attempt blocked. I had no idea. When I checked my thread it did not display. This one can be closed and the other one remained opened.