i read a topic with a name similar to this one and have the same problem. I
have installed the rootkit revealer and it turns out it is my rapid restore
program. I need to figure out how to delete the backups i have as they are
taking aobut 16 gigs of space.
--
i am the man

open your Rapid Restore program and look at the settings......this will tell
you where it is placing the Image files.
Chances are that somewhere in there you can delete them as well as tell the
program to safe them to a different location.
This usually would be an external HD
peterk

"the man" <theman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i read a topic with a name similar to this one and have the same problem.
> have installed the rootkit revealer and it turns out it is my rapid
> restore
> program. I need to figure out how to delete the backups i have as they
> are
> taking aobut 16 gigs of space.
> --
> i am the man

Fitz

If you're talking about System Restore, just turn it off or limit the amount
of space it uses.