HELP with Transcend SSD on Asus UX32VD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markrity

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hello, I purchased Asus Zenbook UX32VD and wanted to add to it Transcend SSD720 256gb and CORSAIR Vengeance 1600mhz 8gb ,

First of all I added the Ram and checked if it works , worked perfectly .
Then I cloned the SSD and installed it , when I turned on the pc only thing I see is a black screen and nothing else , nothing loads at all...
Switched back to original harddrive and it works ...
So I tryed the SSD on my othe Acer Aspire laptop , worked fine , so I formated it and Installed WIN764bit on it , it worked on Acer .
So I switched the SSD back to Asus and still same black screen of NOTHING...

Please help me . I have no idea what to do ... =\

Cait_89

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Hi there,

I seem to be having the exact same problem, have you perhaps figured it out all?

Please let me know. Completely exasperated here.

Thanks

Markrity

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013

Not yet, do you have transcend ssd720 also ?

Grant Freyer

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Hi I have the exact same issue. Asus Zenbook UX32VD, tried to install a Transcend SSD720 256MB and after showing the boot logo - nothing, just a black screen. I have updated the Zenbook's Bios to the latest, as well as the SSD's firmware to the latest - nothing. Asus and Transcend don't want to reply to my support requests!

AidanRoberts

Honorable
May 10, 2013

Keep at it, they need to respond to this as you are a paying customer and also because they will be the best to help you with the installation issues. Good luck to you both.

zampa

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Hello guys, any news?? Same situation! Transcend SSD720 ans Asus K56CA.
Original OS was W8, would like to fresh reinstall W7, but no way to boot if the SSD is installed (formatted, unformatted, blank, ecc).
The only result is a black screen.
Tried to disable safe boot, to disable UEFI boot, no joy. I can boot with USB stick and windows 7 original DVD, but ONLY if I do not have the SSD installed.
I had the same SSD into my old Acer laptop (2009), and into my desktop system (I7 Asus P67 - 2011), both with W7.
Asus support said that probably is due to incompatibility with the laptop and the SSD(sigh!) but also they are no able to provide a list of compatible SSDs, still wait for Transcend answer.
The seller refuse to take back the SSD because it was opened and used (and I can understand this).
Googled like there is no tomorrow but no trace of similar xperience but this page. Can't believe

Status
Not open for further replies.