Creating and downloading Custom Wallpaper and ring tones

Rich

Does anyone know how to send your own images and ring tones to the the
Nextel phones?

I have signed up as a developer, but wondered if anyone could give me a
little insite to speed my learning curve.

TIA

Rich

Grumpy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001

Nextel i730

Phonebooks, Ringtones and Wallpaper Made Easy

Also visit:

Nextel.howardforums.com

www.nextelrepair.com

www.idencustom.com

PHONEBOOK

Download iden Phone Book Manager (free) from
http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/organizer_upd.jsp

You will need to download (free) the USB driver from

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/usbistallation.jsp

Finally you will also need either the USB data cable ($24.99) or Serial data
cable ($29.99), available at most Nextel retailers

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/Action/ViewAccessoryByPhoneAction?phoneSKU=I730

Uploading custom ringtones and wallpaper

There are two programs that can be used for uploading ringtones and
wallpaper One is called MyJal and the other is WebJal. It's use is a little
tricky. You will need the data cable mentioned above to upload ringtones
and wallpaper.

MyJal

There are three places to download this software

1) http://members.cox.net/myteam/myjal.html

Although it promises you a free trial period, you won't get that. You will
have to pay a $5 fee to get a key to unlock the software. Paypal only is
accepted method of payment. I don't recommend using this site, the support
team are really a bunch of immature jerks.

2) http://www.idencustom.com

Go to the buy software page. This will cost you a consumer license of $30.
There is a good discussion forum associated with this site, lots of
technical assistance.

3) Yes, I do have the files and all in working order.

Download myJAL from #1 mentioned above. Install it on your PC. When you
launch the program it will tell you the trial version is over. Then you
will have to ask me nicely and promise me something for the THANK GOD PATCH.
I busted my ass to get this software and information, no one just handed it
to me...so be nice and be generous. When you receive this patch drag and
drop into the folder c:\Program Files\myTEAM Software\myJAL

If after doing this you get a message that says "The application failed to
find required application data in the system registry." Then you need to
download patcher.exe from

www.idencustom.com/Patcher.exe

WebJal

Perform a google search to find the zipped program WebJal_R010103.zip (2.9
MB) and download and install. You may also need a program called Webjal
Patcher. These are all free downloads.

WebJal 3

http://www.deptford-mobile.com/Inimial/Utilities/Vinnycuz/WebJAL_R010103.zip

WebJal Patcher

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=e84050f08ff4a7c945e35dfd6e105e0d&threadid=419589&highlight=%2Bwebjal_r010103.zip

If the above links do not work check this posting at Howard Forums and read
author Deep-Six posting

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=e84050f08ff4a7c945e35dfd6e105e0d&threadid=419589&highlight=%2Bwebjal_r010103.zip

Deep-Six
HowardForum Addict

Registered: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Maine

Phone(s):
1: i285 Deboosted
2: i733 Phat Farm
3: i733 Bloomies

Provider(s):
iDEN
In order to use the program as Motorola designed it you need to
validate your info that is the whole reason as to login & password. If your
not authorized your not supposed to be able to use it but we have been
getting around that for some time. You can either do 1 of 2 things. First if
your using a computer that has 100% internet you can just use
WebJalPatcher.exe

If you are running on a laptop www.vinnycuz.com is where you want to
go sign up for gold membership and vinny will help you out and get it up and
running 100%

WebJAL_R010103.zip

Custom Ringtones for the i730 must be in .wav format or .midi Read below
for further details.

WAV files

..Wav ringtones for the Nextel i730 must be in format of 8KHZ, 8 bit, mono,
max 30 seconds

You can use Windows XP sound recorder to record sound clips from an audio cd
and save in format .wav

Use a program such as Flexi Music Wave Setup to format the wav clip to
proper format of less than 30 seconds.

MIDI tones

Must be 30 sec in length, and type 0

Use this converter GNMIDFMT

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/GNMIDFMT/download/win95/rd.shtml?http://www.gnmidi.com/gnmidfmt.zip

Record music in MIDI format http://www.anvilstudio.com/index3.htm

Delete installed ringtones from the phone's menu.

WALLPAPER

Wall paper files should be 128 x 128 pixel size in .gif format only. NOT
..GIF there is a difference.

I used Wallpaper Manager that came with Verizon's Sharp Z800 digital phones
to resize a .jpg into a 128 x 128 .png. Then use Windows Paint to convert
to .png to .gif Works flawlessly!!

If you have Microsoft Office you can also use Microsoft Photo Editor
included in the Microsoft Office Tools Folder. Reduce the picture by using
IMAGE, RESIZE. Using this will allow you to directly resize and save a .jpg
file. Use the PAINT program in your accessories folder to convert the image
to .gif format. (NOT .GIF or you will have failures)

Delete installed wallpapers from the phone's menu.

"Rich" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to send your own images and ring tones to the the
> Nextel phones?
>
> I have signed up as a developer, but wondered if anyone could give me a
> little insite to speed my learning curve.
>
> TIA
>
> Rich

TRENDING THREADS