EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7000
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2.

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service,
probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
Verify that the service password has not expired.
Verify that the service is in the correct location.
Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to
start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the
error.
If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the
service because the error was detected first.

Version: 5.2
[...]

1 answer Last reply
More about event_service_start_failed

    Hey, look at me! I can just make posts with some long ambigous error message
    with absolutely no explaination of a problem too!

    From http://p103.ezboard.com/fbugsfrm111.showMessage?topicID=6923.topic:
    Request Error - Input/output error
    ("/home/ezDude/bbs/boards/2/261/friendlymusings/frm2/1741.topic")An error has
    occurred executing your request.

    Input/output error
    ("/home/ezDude/bbs/boards/2/261/friendlymusings/frm2/1741.topic")

    If you feel you may have information which would be helpful in determining
    the cause of this problem, please post a bug report here at the ezboard bugs
    help forum: Report Request Errors!Stack backtrace:
    FileErrorHolder class(OSErrorHolder class)>>reportProceedingOn:
    FileErrorHolder(OSErrorHolder)>>reportErrorProceeding
    optimized [] in OSErrorHolder class>>initializeErrorActions
    SystemError>>handleErrorFor:
    UnixFilename(Filename)>>primitiveExists
    optimized [] in Filename>>exists
    BlockClosure>>on:do:
    UnixFilename(Filename)>>exists
    BBSDatabase>>bossInFile:withSem:
    BBSDatabase>>loadFile:withSem:
    BBSForum(BBSDomainObject)>>loadFile:
    BBSForum>>loadTopicFile:
    BBSForum>>silentlyLoadTopicNamed:
    BBSForum>>loadTopicNamed:
    BBSForum>>lookupTopic:
    optimized [] in BBSTopicMessagePresenter>>arrangeThreads:
    OrderedCollection>>do:
    BBSTopicMessagePresenter>>arrangeThreads:
    HTMLForumStyle>>_enumerateTopics
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandEnumeratedSection:
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandSectionNamed:
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandSection
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandVariables
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandNestedSection:
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandSectionNamed:
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandSection
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>expandVariables
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLTemplate)>>expand
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLTemplate)>>writeOn:
    HTMLForumStyle(HTMLStyle)>>writeOn:
    BBSForumHTMLPrinter>>renderForum:
    BBSForumHTMLPrinter>>showForum:
    BBSForum>>showForum:
    BBSForum>>defaultPage:
    optimized [] in WebLocalNamedObjectReference>>runWebRequest:useMethod:
    Error class(GenericException class)>>handle:do:
    EzBWebObjectReference(WebLocalNamedObjectReference)>>runWebRequest:useMethod:
    EzBWebObjectReference(WebNamedObjectReference)>>runWebRequest:
    WebRequest>>dispatchRequest
    WebRequest>>runRequestFromServer:
    WebRequestHandler>>handleRequest
    optimized [] in WebServer>>handleClient:
    BlockClosure>>on:do:
    optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:

    Woohoo! Everyone get to work! And fix my problem...NOW! I'm lazy and wont
    bother to research anything!

    --
    To err is human, but to really foul things up, you need a computer.

Windows XP