RUNDLL Error message after using uninstall

fabio

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

I am currently running Windows XP Pro. I have Adaware 6.0 and Spybot S
& D. I uninstalled MSN DSL software using the uninstall program built
into Windows. Now when I try to click onto a link on any internet site
I am on, I see the following error message:
Error loading H:\Program Files\MSN\MSNSharedFiles\MailMAPI.DLL The
specified module could not be found.

I hav since updated the Spybot but the same message appears. Any
suggestions? Mucho appreciated......

Roger

--
Fabio
Fabio's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=1501

Setting Internet Explorer as the default browser - Windows 9x/2000/XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#defbrowser

Try this:
Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab | make sure
"Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" is
CHECKED.
Press Ok, and when you next run IE, a confirmation
dialog box should appear asking you whether you want it to be the
default browser again. Click Yes.

Or:
To reset Internet Explorer settings
If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
settings.
1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2.. Click the Programs tab.
3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.

Web Settings button
[[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
browser has changed the default settings.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User