Video upgrade/FSAA?

lordmeatball

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2001
I'm going to buy a new video card in the next few weeks and I need to read-up on the subject. Can anyone point me to a good site to explain these new features? What is FSAA anti-aliasing all about? I'm leaning towards a GF3 Ti200, but what are the alternatives. ATI? I will mostly be playing games with this rig.

:mad: Man...this cookie tastes like Crap!! :mad:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
FSAA blurs the edges of everything, supposedly so they don't look as pixelated. The end result is blurry edges, you can get that just as easily with some good wiskey.

Back to you Tom...

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
lol...but to get it every time he plays a game, he would have to end up paying more for alchohol than he would in a card with fsaa...
also, how would you rate the different fsaa with whiskey?
1 shot=2x
2 shots=4x
and so on?
lol

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Both the GeForce 3 Ti200, the Radeon 7500, the Radeon 8500 and the GeForce 3 ?Ti500? are good cards and will run any game you thow at them for at least 2-3 years. The Radeon are both better than the Geforce 3 Ti200, with the Radeon 8500 and GeForce 3 Ti500 neck and neck on the benchmark scales. (since the Radeon is very new, it will only improve over the next few months and gives the most options once it is upgraded through new drivers.)

If it works for you then don't fix it.