XP Pro synchronizing files

August 17, 2005 1:31:01 PM

I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
try to synch on a 2003 server.

"OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:01:03 PM

It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
systems running from a standard boot?

"ghutnick" wrote:

> I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
> the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
> working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
> try to synch on a 2003 server.
>
> "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
> NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
> SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 2:05:20 PM

Both machines are running in standard mode. There are other XP pro computers
that do not seem to have this issue.

"Steven Bendis" wrote:

> It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
> Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
> running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
> systems running from a standard boot?
>
> "ghutnick" wrote:
>
> > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
> > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
> > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
> > try to synch on a 2003 server.
> >
> > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
> > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
> > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.
August 25, 2005 9:19:03 AM

How can I tell which mode is running and is there a way to choose? Is there
anything else that could be causing this issue?

"ghutnick" wrote:

> Both machines are running in standard mode. There are other XP pro computers
> that do not seem to have this issue.
>
> "Steven Bendis" wrote:
>
> > It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
> > Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
> > running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
> > systems running from a standard boot?
> >
> > "ghutnick" wrote:
> >
> > > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
> > > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
> > > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
> > > try to synch on a 2003 server.
> > >
> > > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
> > > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
> > > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 12:22:01 PM

Can anyone please help me with this?

!