XP Pro synchronizing files

I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
try to synch on a 2003 server.

"OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.
4 answers Last reply
More about synchronizing files

    It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
    Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
    running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
    systems running from a standard boot?

    "ghutnick" wrote:

    > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
    > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
    > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
    > try to synch on a 2003 server.
    >
    > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
    > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
    > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.

    Both machines are running in standard mode. There are other XP pro computers
    that do not seem to have this issue.

    "Steven Bendis" wrote:

    > It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
    > Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
    > running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
    > systems running from a standard boot?
    >
    > "ghutnick" wrote:
    >
    > > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
    > > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
    > > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
    > > try to synch on a 2003 server.
    > >
    > > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
    > > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
    > > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.

    How can I tell which mode is running and is there a way to choose? Is there
    anything else that could be causing this issue?

    "ghutnick" wrote:

    > Both machines are running in standard mode. There are other XP pro computers
    > that do not seem to have this issue.
    >
    > "Steven Bendis" wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds like either the XP system or the server is running under a
    > > Last-Known-Good Configuration instead of a standard boot. Are either machine
    > > running from a special boot command via F8 key at startup, or are both
    > > systems running from a standard boot?
    > >
    > > "ghutnick" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
    > > > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
    > > > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
    > > > try to synch on a 2003 server.
    > > >
    > > > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
    > > > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
    > > > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.

    Can anyone please help me with this?

    "ghutnick" wrote:

    > I am working on an XP pro machine and cannot get files to synchronize with
    > the MY DOCUMENTS folder for offline use (I have approx. 75 win2k machines
    > working fine.) . The following error appears no matter what type of file I
    > try to synch on a 2003 server.
    >
    > "OFFLINE FILES (\\SERVERNAME\USERNAME ON SERVERNAME): UNABLE TO MAKE 'FOLDER
    > NAME ON SERVER' AVAILABLE OFFLINE ON \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME\MY DOCUMENTS. THE
    > SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING WITH THE LAST-KNOWN-GOOD CONFIGURATION.

Windows XP My Documents Servers