KLOV has been hacked

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
March 11, 2005 3:01:35 AM

I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
to make a point. heh.

More about : klov hacked

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:14:12 AM

prizmatic wrote:
> I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
> crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will
do
> to make a point. heh.

Wow, that was really WEIRD!
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:35:51 PM

"prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote in news:1110528095.433994.132690
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
> crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
> to make a point. heh.

Wow... because, you know, KLOV is a key voice in the War on Terror.

Heh, why does all the funny stuff happen while I'm asleep?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com
March 12, 2005 6:29:50 AM

Did anyone save the hacked page? Seems to gone now, but I'd love to
see what it looked like... :)

Rik

On 11 Mar 2005 00:01:35 -0800, "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net>
wrote:

>I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
>crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
>to make a point. heh.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 6:43:53 AM

In article <1110528095.433994.132690@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote:

> I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
> crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
> to make a point. heh.

I don't know how you surfed in, I just now went to Http://www.klov.com
and flew right in, no problems. I would guess that some hacker
intercepted your browsers contact and redirected. A difficult hack to
maintain as it relies on your browser always taking the same streams of
the backbone of the internet. Anyway, backbone security usually flushed
those attempts quickly, and now, some 19 hours later, KLOV seems
untouched.

jt
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:47:22 AM

"jt august" <starsabre@att.net> wrote in message
> In article <1110528095.433994.132690@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote:
>
> > I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
> > crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
> > to make a point. heh.
>
> I don't know how you surfed in, I just now went to Http://www.klov.com
> and flew right in, no problems. I would guess that some hacker
> intercepted your browsers contact and redirected. A difficult hack to
> maintain as it relies on your browser always taking the same streams of
> the backbone of the internet. Anyway, backbone security usually flushed
> those attempts quickly, and now, some 19 hours later, KLOV seems
> untouched.
>
> jt

Well, then the same hacker intercepted my browsers contact and redirected me
as well, because when I first saw this thread, I tried to get into KLOV and
saw the same anti-US/anti-Israel/pro-terrorist drivel that was reported.
So, a more likely explanation was that the site really was hacked but has
since been restored.

Makes me wonder, though, why KLOV in particular was targeted. Because of
all the Zionist coin-ops listed?
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:10:18 AM

In article <lv2dnYBGcdiNkq7fRVn-gw@comcast.com>,
"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

> Well, then the same hacker intercepted my browsers contact and redirected me
> as well, because when I first saw this thread, I tried to get into KLOV and
> saw the same anti-US/anti-Israel/pro-terrorist drivel that was reported.
> So, a more likely explanation was that the site really was hacked but has
> since been restored.
>
> Makes me wonder, though, why KLOV in particular was targeted. Because of
> all the Zionist coin-ops listed?

Intercept hacks are not new, and not 100% successful when executed.
They involve intercepting site requests at registrars, and sending out
bogus responses to browsers. Registrars are frequented by these hacks,
and are constantly vigilant to suppress these attacks when they occur.
They usually only occur on one are of a backbone, so browsers in one
area get intercepted while others do not.

KLOV was not being individually targeted, most likely. But numerous
sites governed by the same registrar were probably the target. And most
likely, the web master for KLOV never new anything about this since his
server was, itself, untouched.

jt
!