Mouse will not work after installing SP2

I've tried reinstalling the mouse software the probablem is that the
computer does not detect the mouse.

--
MortAz
1 answer Last reply

    I hate to ask the obvious but here goes. Have you checked to make sure the
    mouse didn't get unplugged? Have you tried a different mouse? I know it
    would be extremely coincidental but perhaps the mouse died during your
    upgrade.

    "MortAz" wrote:

    > I've tried reinstalling the mouse software the probablem is that the
    > computer does not detect the mouse.
    >

    > Andrew E. Wrote:
    > > Some programs/software require a reinstallation with xp SP2.
    > >
    > > "MortAz" wrote:
    > > -
    > >
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > Had to do a repair of my XP installation after my computer would not
    > > boot do to a missing or corrupt ntfs.sys file. Got the computer to
    > > boot
    > > everything was working fine(including mouse). Continued installing
    > > updates, installed Service Pack 2, restarted the computer. Mouse will
    > > not work. The Computer does not detect it. Prior to the ntfs failure
    > > computer worked fine with SP2 installed. Any ideas on what I should
    > > do?
    > > :confused:
    > >

    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > > --