Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How many of each game SYSTEM do you have??

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:23:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Here's my tally:

SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.

SUPER NES: 4 systems.

NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.

NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.

INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"

PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.

NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.

TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
Supergrafx.

JAGUAR: 2 systems.

All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
$2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :)  Eventually I hope to have
any given system for every room of my house.

More about : game system

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:40:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
news:1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Here's my tally:
>
> SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
>
> SUPER NES: 4 systems.
>
> NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
>
> NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
>
> INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
>
> PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
>
> NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
>
> TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
> Supergrafx.
>
> JAGUAR: 2 systems.

I've got exactly one Genesis, SNES, 2600, N64, PS, PS2, X-Box, and
GameCube. I play my FC and SMS through adaptors, and I don't have an NES
at all at the moment (largest percentage of my collection and nothing to
play it on, dagummit!).

The only multiple system I have could be the Gameboy, as I have a
barely-working original model, a GBA, and a Gameboy Player. I don't get
duplicate systems very often... I just usually find a way to pick up the
games without the excess systems.



--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 3:59:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
> by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
> that I go to

Your thrift store gets Neo Geos? o_O

Aaron
Related resources
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 4:30:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On 11 Mar 2005 01:23:15 -0800, "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com>
wrote:

>Here's my tally:
[snip]

More 2600's than I can count... >_<
2 7800
4 5200
3 O^2
5 Intellivision
2 Lynx
3 Virtualboy
too many toaster NES
3 SNES
2 GC
2 GBA
4 GB
4 SMS
5 Genesis
2 32x
4 N64 (couldn't pass up cheap ice blue or cheap complete Pokemon
edition)

Everything else is only one (Colecovision, PS2, Vectrex, GBA-SP, Game
gear, Saturn, DC, TG-16/CD)
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 5:13:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Here's my tally:


Geez, I probably have the least of game consoles then anyone in here and
also i can't see of having more then two consoles unless for parts.

2 Atari 2600 jr/heavy sixer

2 Atari 5200 2 port/4 port

1 Atari Flashback

Thanks,
Mike
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 7:02:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Aaron R. Schnuth wrote:
> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many
systems,
> > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift
store
> > that I go to
>
> Your thrift store gets Neo Geos? o_O
>
> Aaron

I have never found a NEO GEO in a thrift store. I got all of mine from
Ebay.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 10:37:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Here's my tally:
5-Atari 2600-2 heavy sixers
1-Sears Arcade Machine-a copy of the Atari 2600
3-Colecovisisons
1-Intellivision
1-Intellivision 2
1-NES
1-SNES
1-Sega Master System
2-Sega Genesis
1-Sega 32X
1-PS2
1-Xbox
1-N64
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 11:08:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Chuck Whitby wrote:
> I don't work at a game store anymore.

THEY FIRED HIM.
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 12:40:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I'm sitting on one of almost everything right now. Winter's a slow season,
I get most my inventory and such over spring and summer at the fleas, try
to sell out of as much as I can before the season ends so I'm not sitting
on a ton of stuff over winter.

Stuff I have multiples of right now -

NES
SNES
Dreamcast
Saturn
Genesis
N64
Game Boy Color

Picking up a second special edition XBox next week (Got a Halo box, next
week I'm picking up the Canadian exclusive crystal clear XBox). Gonna pick
up a 2nd Gamecube to mount in my Aztek.


--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder
East Coast Gaming Expo
http://www.ecgx.com
"It's the games"
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 12:54:47 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Hey, Chuck. That's cheating if you work at a game store. ;) 

Dane.


"Chuck Whitby" <intvsama@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9616AA0819C8Aintvsamaverizonnet@130.81.64.196...
> I'm sitting on one of almost everything right now. Winter's a slow
season,
> I get most my inventory and such over spring and summer at the fleas, try
> to sell out of as much as I can before the season ends so I'm not sitting
> on a ton of stuff over winter.
>
> Stuff I have multiples of right now -
>
> NES
> SNES
> Dreamcast
> Saturn
> Genesis
> N64
> Game Boy Color
>
> Picking up a second special edition XBox next week (Got a Halo box, next
> week I'm picking up the Canadian exclusive crystal clear XBox). Gonna
pick
> up a 2nd Gamecube to mount in my Aztek.
>
>
> --
> ___
> Chuck Whitby - Founder
> East Coast Gaming Expo
> http://www.ecgx.com
> "It's the games"
>
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 1:34:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

>
> 56 consoles (O^1 through GC)
> 11 add-on style consoles (2600 adapters, 32X, SCD and Jag CD counted
> among)
> 9 hand held systems (Microvision through GBA)
> 37 pong clones (Sears Telegame on)
> 61 computers (TRS-80 M1/L2 and CBM PET through Mac G3 Beige)
> 4 VCR oriented systems (videosmarts and similar)
> 2 arcade games
>
> and between carts, CDs, cassette tapes and floppies, I have roughly
3000
> games, but only about 1100 are currently inventoried.
>
> In addition, I have the following video hardware:
>
> 1 Betamax VCR (not hi-fi)
> 7 VHS VCRs (not all working, of course)
> 1 VHS multi-system (ntsc, pal, secam and others) VCR
> 1 CED player
> 5 LVD players
> 2 DVD players (1 as a home theater system)
> 14 TVs and composite monitors (2 monochrome)
> 1 pal/secam TV with 60 hrtz a/c plug
> 8 pc monitors (ranging from monochrome ega to 21 inch SVGA)
> 9 Mac monitors
>
> jt

How do you store all this stuff? What is the square footage of you
house?
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 5:17:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I don't work at a game store anymore. My inventory is my inventory. 8*)
Over the spring and summer I set up at a local flea market and run my own
little biznazz. 8*)


"Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
news:HsoYd.1346$qf2.522@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> Hey, Chuck. That's cheating if you work at a game store. ;) 
>
> Dane.
>


--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder
East Coast Gaming Expo
http://www.ecgx.com
"It's the games"
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 6:37:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article <1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote:

> Here's my tally:

My active tally does not include specific duplicates as I have those
segregated into my tradebait stash, but I cound each significant
revision of a console seperate, such as the 4-switch, 6-switch, vader,
armor plated and jr for the 2600.

With that in mind, my totals are:

56 consoles (O^1 through GC)
11 add-on style consoles (2600 adapters, 32X, SCD and Jag CD counted
among)
9 hand held systems (Microvision through GBA)
37 pong clones (Sears Telegame on)
61 computers (TRS-80 M1/L2 and CBM PET through Mac G3 Beige)
4 VCR oriented systems (videosmarts and similar)
2 arcade games

and between carts, CDs, cassette tapes and floppies, I have roughly 3000
games, but only about 1100 are currently inventoried.

In addition, I have the following video hardware:

1 Betamax VCR (not hi-fi)
7 VHS VCRs (not all working, of course)
1 VHS multi-system (ntsc, pal, secam and others) VCR
1 CED player
5 LVD players
2 DVD players (1 as a home theater system)
14 TVs and composite monitors (2 monochrome)
1 pal/secam TV with 60 hrtz a/c plug
8 pc monitors (ranging from monochrome ega to 21 inch SVGA)
9 Mac monitors

jt
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:11:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

You are sick, sick, sick. Then again, so am I. Carry on...


> $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :)  Eventually I hope to have
> any given system for every room of my house.
>
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 7:31:03 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Michael Smeal <Msmeal@paonline.com> writes:

>Geez, I probably have the least of game consoles then anyone in here and
>also i can't see of having more then two consoles unless for parts.

I don't know; I don't have a great deal myself.

1 VCS
1 Inty (Sylvania)
1 Inty 25-in-one
2 DCs
4 C64 DTVs (2 modded)

Most of my collection are classic computers, particularly Commodore 8-bits and
the Tomy Tutor.

--
Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/
** Computer Workshops: games, productivity software and more for C64/128! **
** http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/cwi/ **
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:54:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in news:1110600515.352699.12700
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>
> Chuck Whitby wrote:
>> I don't work at a game store anymore.
>
> THEY FIRED HIM.

That was totally uncalled for. And just when you were
acting respectable, too... Shame.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:39:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On 11 Mar 2005 20:08:35 -0800, "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com>
wrote:

>THEY FIRED HIM.

It would be illogical to fire their own best customer. I wouldn't be
surprised if that game store had lousy sale since then and are on the
verge of bankrupcity.
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 1:03:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

In article <1110609281.447472.46140@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote:

> >
> > 56 consoles (O^1 through GC)
> > 11 add-on style consoles (2600 adapters, 32X, SCD and Jag CD counted
> > among)
> > 9 hand held systems (Microvision through GBA)
> > 37 pong clones (Sears Telegame on)
> > 61 computers (TRS-80 M1/L2 and CBM PET through Mac G3 Beige)
> > 4 VCR oriented systems (videosmarts and similar)
> > 2 arcade games
> >
> > and between carts, CDs, cassette tapes and floppies, I have roughly
> 3000
> > games, but only about 1100 are currently inventoried.
> >
> > In addition, I have the following video hardware:
> >
> > 1 Betamax VCR (not hi-fi)
> > 7 VHS VCRs (not all working, of course)
> > 1 VHS multi-system (ntsc, pal, secam and others) VCR
> > 1 CED player
> > 5 LVD players
> > 2 DVD players (1 as a home theater system)
> > 14 TVs and composite monitors (2 monochrome)
> > 1 pal/secam TV with 60 hrtz a/c plug
> > 8 pc monitors (ranging from monochrome ega to 21 inch SVGA)
> > 9 Mac monitors
> >
> > jt
>
> How do you store all this stuff? What is the square footage of you
> house?

That was one of the considerations when we were house hunting. Space
enough for the kids to each have their own room (one boy, one girl), and
basement space sufficient for my collections. In addition to the video
playground summarized above, I also collect cooking stuff and cookbooks.
I have 147 cookbooks, and the cooking stuff includes 2 kitechen-aid
mixers (4 quart lift head and 6 quart bowl lift types), 4 bread machines
(that get their best workout at Thanksgiving), 2 capucino/expresso
machines, 1 grind and brew coffee maker (fresh ground beans are the only
way to go) and my wife's party cake molds (47 including Mario and Ms
Pac-Man). The house space includes the main floor and upper floor at
2275 square feet. The basement is not considered part of the listing
space for real estate records, and it is about 1560 square feet.
Unfortunately, working two jobs, I just don't have the time to do up the
video playground the way I have planned, so most of the collection is in
boxes at present.

jt
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 6:49:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"jt august" <starsabre@att.net> wrote in message
news:starsabre-AB2AAA.16035213032005@netnews.worldnet.att.net...
> In article <1110609281.447472.46140@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,

> Unfortunately, working two jobs, I just don't have the time to do up the
> video playground the way I have planned, so most of the collection is in
> boxes at present.
>
> jt

I know that feeling...

Dane.
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 11:08:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Just my 2 cents.... if its worth that... but....

Why on earth would someone need so many of the same systems? You only need 1
of each! (including 1 of each varation). And people thought 'I' was obsessed
with this stuff? :D 

Vastfear


"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Here's my tally:
>
> SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
>
> SUPER NES: 4 systems.
>
> NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
>
> NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
>
> INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
>
> PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
>
> NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
>
> TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
> Supergrafx.
>
> JAGUAR: 2 systems.
>
> All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
> by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
> that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
> $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :)  Eventually I hope to have
> any given system for every room of my house.
>
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:06:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's rare...

Dane.


"VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> wrote in message
news:x_mdnVuBgJUO3qvfRVn-uQ@csinet.net...
> Just my 2 cents.... if its worth that... but....
>
> Why on earth would someone need so many of the same systems? You only need
1
> of each! (including 1 of each varation). And people thought 'I' was
obsessed
> with this stuff? :D 
>
> Vastfear
>
>
> "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > Here's my tally:
> >
> > SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
> >
> > SUPER NES: 4 systems.
> >
> > NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
> >
> > NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
> >
> > INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
> >
> > PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
> >
> > NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
> >
> > TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
> > Supergrafx.
> >
> > JAGUAR: 2 systems.
> >
> > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
> > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
> > that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
> > $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :)  Eventually I hope to have
> > any given system for every room of my house.
> >
>
>
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 8:06:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
news:c3uZd.4436$qf2.2047@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's
> rare...
>

There's always pity buys, too. I've never done one myself, but if
I found a Virtual Boy or Famicom in decent shape, I might bring it
home, even though those niches in my collection are filled.


--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 1:10:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Same here.

Mojo
P.S. Forgot to add I have a Jaguar

"Aaron J. Bossig" <linkvb06@SpammersWillBeExecuted.ptd.net> wrote in message
news:Xns961A82E78640linkvb06SpammersWill@204.186.200.105...
> "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
> news:c3uZd.4436$qf2.2047@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:
>
>> You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's
>> rare...
>>
>
> There's always pity buys, too. I've never done one myself, but if
> I found a Virtual Boy or Famicom in decent shape, I might bring it
> home, even though those niches in my collection are filled.
>
>
> --
>
> Aaron J. Bossig
>
> http://www.GodsLabRat.com
> http://www.dvdverdict.com
!