Closed Solved

Am i right to buy MSI GE60 OND ?

First of all,I'm a Gamer with that certain budget,i'll use this to school,gaming,do some school task and this is the spec of msi ge60 ond.
-Intel core i5 3210M
-Nvidia Gtx 660m
-8GB ram ddr3 1600 mhz
-750gb Hdd 7200rpm
-full hd 1920x1080 matte screen

I gonna do some pretty hard gaming(even though i still tolerate setting to be high not ultra,or even 1 setting factor medium.any opinions? How about practical things?(battery life,heat,the sound,the weight
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ge60
  1. Best answer
    It's not a bad choice.
    You'll definitely won't max out such fresh monsters like Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3, but you'll be able to play majority of games on high/very high and all Emulators would fly on it.
    Definitely a gaming-worthwhile laptop.

About battery: come on, dude...it's "gaming" notebook, what do you expect of it? If you want long battery life, go get an Ultrabook. This is not for playing on a summer camp in mountains.
    This is for going into McDonalds/School/Office, plugging it into nearest power source in the wall, and just warming everyone with hot air waves coming out of it's nostrils. >: )
    Same pretty much goes for weight, size and sound: this notebook was made so that people see it and hear it, to draw attention. It's not for stealthy, unsocial people. %)
  2. master_chen said:
    It's not a bad choice.
    You'll definitely won't max out such fresh monsters like Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3 or Crysis 3, but you'll be able to play majority of games on high/very high and all Emulators would fly on it.
    Definitely a gaming-worthwhile laptop.

About battery: come on, dude...it's "gaming" notebook, what do you expect of it? If you want long battery life, go get an Ultrabook. This is not for playing on a summer camp in mountains.
    This is for going into McDonalds/School/Office, plugging it into nearest power source in the wall, and just warming everyone with hot air waves coming out of it's nostrils. >: )
    Same pretty much goes for weight, size and sound: this notebook was made so that people see it and hear it, to draw attention. It's not for stealthy, unsocial people. %)

good response.About battery life,will it get 4 hours battery life(non gaming use,just browsing,do some Microsoft office)
    ??? so you mean this thing pretty portable with that spec?(I heard it's 5.28-5.4 lbs)
  3. MSI = rubbish
  4. arvinzd said:
    Will it get 4 hours battery life (non gaming use, just browsing, do some Microsoft office)

I think it'll work even for longer than that (as long as you're just browsing, that is).

arvinzd said:
    So you mean this thing pretty portable?

Anything's portable as long as you keep yourself in shape and don't slack off. :bounce:

And besides, you're planning on taking this thing with you into school, on a daily basis...so why you even bothering?

Again, as I said before: if you want something "quiet, cold, light and with long battery life" - get Ultrabook.

Anonymous said:
    MSi = rubbish.

Why's that? At least their "gaming" notebooks are somewhat better than that Dell's "Alienware" overpriced garbage or Asus' "ROG" kids stuff.
  5. Thanks for making me sure to buy this!!!
  6. Best answer selected by arvinzd.
  7. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Laptops MSI-Microstar