Where To Find It?

August 17, 2005 4:19:03 PM

Well I Need To Find Where To Turn Off The Third-Party Browser. I Have An
Advent Computer Designed For Windows XP But I Just Can't Find It. Quick
Answer Please.

More about : find

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 5:49:14 PM

What is the name?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:324C3507-0130-4823-B791-5788DB291CE2@microsoft.com,
Taz <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Well I Need To Find Where To Turn Off The Third-Party Browser. I Have An
> Advent Computer Designed For Windows XP But I Just Can't Find It. Quick
> Answer Please.
August 17, 2005 5:49:15 PM

Third Party Browser

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> What is the name?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:324C3507-0130-4823-B791-5788DB291CE2@microsoft.com,
> Taz <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Well I Need To Find Where To Turn Off The Third-Party Browser. I Have An
> > Advent Computer Designed For Windows XP But I Just Can't Find It. Quick
> > Answer Please.

August 17, 2005 8:21:03 PM

Task

Firefox and Netscape are third party browsers.. I doubt that Wesley has ever
heard of a browser called Third Party, and I am positively sure that I
haven't..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Third Party Browser
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> What is the name?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:324C3507-0130-4823-B791-5788DB291CE2@microsoft.com,
>> Taz <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>> > Well I Need To Find Where To Turn Off The Third-Party Browser. I Have
>> > An
>> > Advent Computer Designed For Windows XP But I Just Can't Find It. Quick
>> > Answer Please.

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:30:25 PM

To find any additional browsers and to turn them off, you need to look in
Add/Remove Programs and "remove/uninstall" them.

If you are still troubled by this "Third Party Browser" then you are a
victim of spyware/hackware/malware.

Download, install, update definitions and run scans with:

AD Aware SE
Spybot: Search and Destroy
CWShredder
Microsoft AntiSpyware

> Task
>
> Firefox and Netscape are third party browsers.. I doubt that Wesley has
> ever heard of a browser called Third Party, and I am positively sure that
> I haven't..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Third Party Browser
>>
>> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>>
>>> What is the name?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:324C3507-0130-4823-B791-5788DB291CE2@microsoft.com,
>>> Taz <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

August 17, 2005 8:30:26 PM

Well What Happens Is I Turn On A Certain Game And Log On Then The SCreen
Suddenly CLoses ITself. I SEnt A Report And It Came Up With Somthing About
Third PArty Browser, Telling Me To Go To Control Panel, Internet Options,
Advanced Tab Then Take Of Enabled... I Cannot Find The Internet Options.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> To find any additional browsers and to turn them off, you need to look in
> Add/Remove Programs and "remove/uninstall" them.
>
> If you are still troubled by this "Third Party Browser" then you are a
> victim of spyware/hackware/malware.
>
> Download, install, update definitions and run scans with:
>
> AD Aware SE
> Spybot: Search and Destroy
> CWShredder
> Microsoft AntiSpyware
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Task
> >
> > Firefox and Netscape are third party browsers.. I doubt that Wesley has
> > ever heard of a browser called Third Party, and I am positively sure that
> > I haven't..
> >
> > --
> > Mike Hall
> > MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >

> > "Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Third Party Browser

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 9:32:01 PM

Fix your Caps Lock key. It's third-party browser extensions.

Open IE | Tools | Options | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and UNCHECK: Enable third-party browser extensions (requires
restart) |Apply | OK | Reboot

Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)
[[Specifies that you want to disable features you installed for use with
Internet Explorer that may have been created by companies other than
Microsoft.
If you encounter problems with Internet Explorer that you cannot resolve,
you can use this option to help determine if third-party features are
causing the problems without uninstalling the feature. You must restart
Internet Explorer after turning this option on or off.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:099BC0AB-4A34-4A75-BC57-9B975C23DA77@microsoft.com,
Taz <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Well What Happens Is I Turn On A Certain Game And Log On Then The SCreen
> Suddenly CLoses ITself. I SEnt A Report And It Came Up With Somthing About
> Third PArty Browser, Telling Me To Go To Control Panel, Internet Options,
> Advanced Tab Then Take Of Enabled... I Cannot Find The Internet Options.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
>> To find any additional browsers and to turn them off, you need to look in
>> Add/Remove Programs and "remove/uninstall" them.
>>
>> If you are still troubled by this "Third Party Browser" then you are a
>> victim of spyware/hackware/malware.
>>
>> Download, install, update definitions and run scans with:
>>
>> AD Aware SE
>> Spybot: Search and Destroy
>> CWShredder
>> Microsoft AntiSpyware
>>

>> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> Task
>>>
>>> Firefox and Netscape are third party browsers.. I doubt that Wesley has
>>> ever heard of a browser called Third Party, and I am positively sure
>>> that I haven't..
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MVP - Windows Shell/User
>>>

>>> "Taz" <Taz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:34:15 AM

Any reason you use improper title case.

If You Mean Third Party Browser Addins Then Look In Tools - Options - Advanced. Opps, Your Stupid Typing Means It's Hard To Show What To Do As One Uses Improper Title Case To Say What To Type Or Click In Help Files And Manuals.

!