i have 2 hard drives with xp on them. one though only small works fine.
the other (120gB ) will boot from cd or floppy but once xp is running all
removable disk drives are " not available ". fixed drives (slave hard drives
) are ok. it has not always been like this. does anyone have any ideas please?

I have seen this where you needed to have the XPCD in the CD-Rom drive in
order to get the hard drive to boot. Turned out that a virus was infesting
the drive and would not let it boot correct.

"smerv" <smerv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have 2 hard drives with xp on them. one though only small works fine.
> the other (120gB ) will boot from cd or floppy but once xp is running all
> removable disk drives are " not available ". fixed drives (slave hard
> drives
> ) are ok. it has not always been like this. does anyone have any ideas
> please?

the pc boots ok from the hard drive, everything works ok. it is just that 'a
drive' and cd drive are ' not accesible '