Sign in with
Your question

Acer dvd player physically does not fit the dvds

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 22, 2013 12:55:20 PM

Hello,
Cd's and dvd's physically won't fit my acer aspire 5742 dvd-cd player. The cd-dvd hole in the middle is too small. Am I supposed to remove something from the drive to make it fit the cd-dvd's? (I mean- there is this round plastic thing that is bigger than the cd-hole so the cd doesn't fit because of it.)
a b D Laptop
February 22, 2013 1:00:34 PM

obviously... dear Watson... SomeThing is askew... especially when CD's and DVD's are exactly the same size
unless, of course, your drive is only meant to read mini-CD's
a c 248 D Laptop
February 22, 2013 6:12:57 PM

gia74 said:
Hello,
Cd's and dvd's physically won't fit my acer aspire 5742 dvd-cd player. The cd-dvd hole in the middle is too small. Am I supposed to remove something from the drive to make it fit the cd-dvd's? (I mean- there is this round plastic thing that is bigger than the cd-hole so the cd doesn't fit because of it.)

Hi :) 

A picture would help, you may be talking about a "packing piece" ...

All the best Brett :) 
February 23, 2013 7:53:36 PM

gia74 said:
Hello,

Just press evenly around the cd and it will click into place. In other words, it snaps below the top of the round disc. This should do the trick.
!