What is this???

Dani_mq

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
newegg is selling a geforce gts-v at $65. what is this chip? havent heard from it and cant find it on the nvidia site, can anyone help me and how does it compare to the regular gts or the pro.
thanks

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i saw that on there too..
and i have no idea...
my guess is that it is probably a geforce2 mx or something, and the v stands for visiontek, since they are the only ones making it...
let me check visiontek's site, and see what it says there.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
woops, it is a gts...
but still dont know what it is because visiontek doesnt list it in their product list, and since it is oem, i cant find it...no list of oem products....
time to do a web search!
according to the pictures, it has 7 ns ram, which aint all that fast...
hmmm...

-DAvid

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
cant find anything about this thing...
the only place i have heard about it was on newegg...
maybe someone knows something about this board?
i mean, it is cheap, so how good can it be?

-DAvid

Dani_mq

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
thanks for the replys...
looking at the chip´s info in newegg shows that it a tad slower than an MCI gts.... but still cant figure it out...
anyone?

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
7ns memory?! ouch! No wonder it's so cheap.... I wonder what the memory clock is at.

It would suck if it was an underclocked GTS... although, would still probably perform better than an MX, and apparently about the same price.. hrmm....

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

Dani_mq

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
thats the thing, im thinking about buying it or getting a redeon 32 ddr that its also on my price range... im trying to keep it under $100 for taxing reasons, any sugestions are wellcome

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I received the Visiontek Xtasy 5632, GTS-V, a couple days ago. I would say the "V" in GTS-V is definitely for "value". This card is stock clocked at 175/286 which is far below the standard GTS's 200/333. Yes, the 5632 has 7ns memory but it's Infineon SGRAM. I've overclocked it to only 210/340 (without artifacts). I will try for higher when I install RAM heatsinks.

<b>Update:</b> I forgot to mention that although 210/340 is the highest overclocking I can do without artifacting, I have reached 200/410 with lots of artifacts. I only ran at this speed long enough to do one Quake3 benchmark (because I didn't want to risk damage). Doing this at all may mean it is possible to raise my level of overclock above 210/340.

I am quite pleased with card.

Did you notice that Newegg no longer has the Radeon LE listed?

We are all beta testers!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 10/27/01 01:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Dani_mq

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2001
ahd a huge prob with newegg due to my credit card noy beeing isued by an american bank and they charged the amount and then deny it, finaly i bought a regular gts in other site, a chaintek haven heard that brand before hope is any good.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry, to hear about your problems. I fail to understand, in this age of computers, why international purchases present such a problem, but problems we still have.

Don't know much about Chaintech other than having heard the name before.

Good luck.

We are all beta testers!

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
any one here had a chance to buy hardware abroad?

and if you did, did you have problams with it so you had to send it back?

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>