problem removing files from "c:recycler" folder

Hello,

My antivirus scans files in "c:\recycler". There's a lot of files in
there so if I got rid of them my antivirus would finish faster. I ran
the command "rd c:\recycler /s" and it removed the folder but after
reboot the antivirus still finds and scans those same files.
5 answers Last reply
More about problem removing files recycler folder

    Never mind...
    i deleted c:\recycler
    but there was also c:\recycled... that's were the files were
    DOH!

    It's an XP protected folder. I don't recommend deleting it, but it seems to
    usually appear empty regardless of whether there are files in the recycle bin
    or not. A simpler solution is to empty the recycle bin. I could speculate
    on the folder being a virtual location (or shortcut or pointer if you prefer)
    like My Documents (after all, user1 and user1 have different contents in
    their recycle bins). However, I'll save my pontificating (whether
    knowledgeable or no) for another day.

    At any rate, I suspect your system recreated it when you rebooted.

    Kathea Banshou wrote:
    > It's an XP protected folder.

    Not very protected though since I was able to delete it...

    > A simpler solution is to empty the recycle bin.

    LOL. I learned to do that 20 years ago during my fist PC lesson. Thanks
    for the tip but this was not the problem here...

    > I suspect your system recreated it when you rebooted.

    Yes it did, as described on numerous web pages.

    David Candy wrote:
    > Liar, there was no recycle bin 20 years ago. It was only invented 10 years ago.

    The "Trash" on Apple Macintosh - 1987.
    Is that good 'nough fer yer?

    <myahact@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:1124395374.713939.261790@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

    > Kathea Banshou wrote:
    >> It's an XP protected folder.
    >
    > Not very protected though since I was able to delete it...
    >
    >> A simpler solution is to empty the recycle bin.
    >
    > LOL. I learned to do that 20 years ago during my fist PC lesson. Thanks
    > for the tip but this was not the problem here...
    >
    >> I suspect your system recreated it when you rebooted.
    >
    > Yes it did, as described on numerous web pages.

Microsoft Antivirus Command Prompt Windows XP