Aspire 7250-3821 BIOS issue HELP

Okay, I was having issues with laptop so like a dummy I flashed BIOS in Windows with the program included in the Zip file from Acer website... I had it hooked up through HDMI when I did it do I could see what was going on as the screen stopped working.

I went in the other room came back and it was suddenly black, now I have black screen, I replaced the screen ribbon first, still black next I replaced the screen, still black, I have tried to plug into HDMI and VGA for external display and nothing works...

Here is what does work:
-Powers On, both blue lights
-CD-Rom drive powers and looks for Disc
-Fan turns on
-I can hear the Hard Drive working
-Usb stick will blink right when laptop is turned on then stops.
- I turn on the tv which had HDMI output on first then connect the laptop and turn it on and press FN F5/F6 to try to switch display

I can hear everything but cannot get screen to come one... would a new BIOS chip maybe work or should I buy an external floppy drive to try to re-flash with instead of USB Flash drive?

I really don't want to give up on it yet until I am certain its just dead.
2 answers Last reply
More about aspire 7250 3821 bios issue help
  1. Were you having similar video problems before the BIOS Flash? If not, what prompted the BIOS update?
  2. Yes, I was only getting a good video when connected to external TV on HDMI... Started with a white screen then changed to lines all over screen that's what I tried to flash BIOS stupidly from the File that was included in the Zip folder.

I'm tempted to give up on it but really hope there might be something I am missing...
Ask a new question

Read More

BIOS Laptops