Bud

I have used the troubleshooter to no avail. I need help

I have a printer that is shared connected to a USB port on computer "A". It
was installed as a shared network printer connected to the USB port. I
installed the printer driver on computer "B". When I send a simple print job
from Notepad on computer "B", I can see it in the queue on Computer "A" but
the job does not get to the printer. The computers are connected by a
router. File and Print Sharing are turned on.

Any ideas would be appreciated

thanks
Bud

bud Wrote:
> I have used the troubleshooter to no avail. I need help
>
> I have a printer that is shared connected to a USB port on computer
> "A". It
> was installed as a shared network printer connected to the USB port. I
> installed the printer driver on computer "B". When I send a simple
> print job
> from Notepad on computer "B", I can see it in the queue on Computer "A"
> but
> the job does not get to the printer. The computers are connected by a
> router. File and Print Sharing are turned on.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated
>
> thanks
> Bud

Hello Bud
Just going over some of the steps to setup a network printer

On Computer A
1. Install the printer on computer A.
2. Open up Printers and Faxes and right click the printer you want to
share, then click SHARING.
3. Select the option Share this Printer and give it a name.

On computer B
4. Open Printers and Faxes.
5. Under Printer Tasks, click Add a printer to open up the wizard.
6. Click A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer
7. Click on Find a pritner in the directory
8. Click Browse and click on the printer location, click OK
9. Click Find Now
10. Click the printer you want to connect to and click OK.

Basically thats it. Make sure you computers and see each other on the
network and can ping each other. Good luck

--
Evolution54