All of a sudden my Task Manager stopped working

Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock computer,
restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not the
usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit escape..

Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?

Thanks in advance..
Phil

--
<:))))><<

Double click anywhere on the Task Manager border.

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193050

To start Task Manager:

Ctrl + Alt + Delete
or
Ctrl + Shift + Esc
or
Right click the Taskbar | Task Manager
or
Start | Run | Type: taskmgr | OK
or
Create a Desktop Shortcut to taskmgr.exe

Ctrl + Alt + Delete opens the Windows Security window if the Welcome screen
is turned off.

Turn on the Welcome screen...
1. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
2. Click Change the way users log on or off.
3. Click to select the Use the welcome screen for fast and easy logon check
box.
4. Click OK.

Using CTRL+ALT+DEL Key Combination to Open Windows Security Opens Task
Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281980

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ODIM3%234oFHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Musicman50 <musicman50@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
> Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
> If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock computer,
> restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
> However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
> window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not the
> usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit escape..
>
> Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?
>
> Thanks in advance..
> Phil
>
> --
> <:))))><<

Wesley, Thank You so much for your suggestion. It worked perfectly..
So Glad to have a place to ask questions like this...
Blessings to You !!!
<:))))><<

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :)

--