Help! My Dvd drive has vanished!?!

August 17, 2005 10:02:38 PM

Hi, I noticed that I had suddenly generated an F: drive, seemingly out of
nowhere, a little googling and I found out that Alcohol120 was to blame and I
uninstalled the program. Except now it seems to have taken my E: drive as
well. Any suggestions?

More about : dvd drive vanished

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 11:51:43 PM

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.h...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:140DEE2E-FA41-40B6-B3CA-6C427C0A6539@microsoft.com,
tattoohunter <tattoohunter@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, I noticed that I had suddenly generated an F: drive, seemingly out of
> nowhere, a little googling and I found out that Alcohol120 was to blame
> and I uninstalled the program. Except now it seems to have taken my E:
> drive as well. Any suggestions?
August 18, 2005 12:52:11 AM

Try here and see if it helps..

"tattoohunter" <tattoohunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I noticed that I had suddenly generated an F: drive, seemingly out of
> nowhere, a little googling and I found out that Alcohol120 was to blame
> and I
> uninstalled the program. Except now it seems to have taken my E: drive as
> well. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:52:12 AM

Thanks very much guys, that's done the trick nicely!
!