$400 laptop for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

plankingdom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I want to get a good laptop in the $400 range . I would be taking it to school, and playing games on it in between classes, and at work.
I wouldn't be playing anything much more intensive than Diablo 3, and I would like it to at least be able to play that on decent settings. I would also be doing some minor editing.
It would need to also last me a few years (3+). I have a good desktop, so I don't need anything too fancy, as this wont be my main machine.

You should be shopping for Refurbished laptops in the $700-$850.00 range. Those laptops would be near your $400.00 ballpark. I believe most New laptops in the range you are looking may be able to "install/open & play" what you are asking of them, but not very well and not for very long on the batteries typically used in that range. eBay.

plankingdom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Would a refurbished laptop be reliable? I want to be able to use it for a few years..not have it crap out on me in a few months.

I also am not expecting to play any games on any setting below the lowest possible setting, and I'll probably be plugged in wherever I am, so battery isn't an issue.

I can probably push my budget to 500 if needed, but would prefer to keep it near 400.

Hi :)

I am a gamer, take my advice and invest your 500 in a gaming refurb.....

All the best Brett :)

plankingdom

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Sorry it took so long to respond.

First and foremost, I don't want an extravagant laptop.
It will be for school and work during down time. It may be dropped, and it may get a spill or 2.
Seeing how in my original post I stated that Diablo 3 would be about the most advanced game I would be playing, and that I didn't need it to be maxed out. That I am fine with low settings (so long as I am able to tell which blurry pixel is mine). I am fine with integrated graphics, I prefer a card, but it is not necessary. I have looked at the link Katty has posted, and gone through several sites looking at refurbished laptops. I have a much better idea on what I want to get, within my price range.

I am grateful that there are random people on this site that are so helpful giving ideas and incite.
DELETED BY MODERATOR !

Status
Not open for further replies.