k,,,my CD-RW Drive is probably NOT WORKING!!!

Hey all u smart ppl! I got 1 little question 4 u and I really hope u could
help me. So a while ago I was trying to watch some videos and, as usual, I
inserted my CD into the DVD drive but I got told that there was no disk in
the drive...in other words it didn't read the CD at all. Anyways, I just
stopped worrying about it and used my CD-RW Drive instead for music, videos,
movies, anything. The thing is the other day I was trying to watch a movie
and I got the same thing. It simply wouldn't do anything...If I open the
folder there's nothing there and I can leave the DVD for a whole eternity
there and it still won't do anything...Any ideas about what I should do???
PLS ppl!!! HELP! Thanks a lot! :)

Oh and by the way...the DVD drive doesn't work for any type of file but the
CD-RW still works for music and other stuff but it just won't let me see
movies...thanks again!