HDD Back Up Software - BounceBack

Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
Ghost.

What about CMS BounceBack - anybody have any experience with that
product?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about back software bounceback

    On 10 Jun 2005 08:10:52 -0700, "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    >be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    >Ghost.
    >
    >What about CMS BounceBack - anybody have any experience with that
    >product?
    >
    >Thanks

    I suggest you look into True Image by Acronis.

    I second that...True Image!

    "Shel" <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote in message
    > On 10 Jun 2005 08:10:52 -0700, "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    >>be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    >>Ghost.
    >>
    >>What about CMS BounceBack - anybody have any experience with that
    >>product?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >
    > I suggest you look into True Image by Acronis.

    "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com> wrote:
    >Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    >be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    >Ghost.

    It's not Ghost, it's any product which makes a mirror image of a drive
    which will confuse Windows on boot into chosing the wrong one as the
    system drive.

    "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    > be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    > Ghost.

    Use Acronis TrueImage or Ghost.

    butch burton wrote:
    > Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    > be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    > Ghost.
    >
    > What about CMS BounceBack - anybody have any experience with that
    > product?
    >
    > Thanks

    Is the first drive already in production? If not, a hardware (or
    potentially software) alternative is to set up a RAID 1 (mirroring)
    array. RAID 1 will also increase your disk read performance (although
    write will remain about the same).

    While I don't use Ghost to make a bootable copy to my 2nd drive, I have
    never had any problems with using it to image my C drive to my 2nd D drive.
    I do this because it allows me to store several instances of the image of C
    and also a good place for a 2nd copy of all my valuable data. Restoring the
    image doesn't take all that long but it's obviously not as fast as swapping
    hard drives.
    I also use Ghost to makes images of my C drive to DVD+RW's and it works
    flawlessly.

    "butch burton" <spacetrax@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    Am installing a second drive to provide mirror image of first drive and
    be bootable if the primary drive crashes. Have heard of problems with
    Ghost.

    What about CMS BounceBack - anybody have any experience with that
    product?

    Thanks

Dell Hard Drives Software Computers