Asus' VR 3d Glasses, how cool are they?

eden

Champion
Since I am getting the Asus GF3 Deluxe, I was wondering those who own those Deluxe models of Asus' cards, how are the 3d VR Glasses?
Are they worth the money? Do you feel some realistic feel, how are the games? And how long do you play without problems in eyes, if any outside that too in Windows?
I'm just so excited of these things, yet I can't have my card yet ($$$) but I just wanna know how they are! Here the Deluxe GF3 is barely any more expensive than the Pure one, almost 40$ CDN more, and some places don't even advertise the Pure at all... I am going for DLX but since Ti500 is going out, December will have big price drops.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
i once had an ELSA GLADIAC X(GeForce256)-OEM, so i went out and bought the shatter glasses, it was REALLY nice looking 3d enviorment and all the features that it comes with, BUT after a game or two u get sick of it, plus sometimes it seems unreal with errors in the distance and viewing angles.

its not worth the 40$ for the playablillity just for the 3D view, you should know that non-ASUS drivers wont work.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

G

-Eden-

The same site that had the RivaTuner also has this tweak utility that says it can handle the 3D stufforz with Detonator drivers in use instead of the ASUS ones!

<A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com/geforcetweakutility/" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com/geforcetweakutility/</A> :wink:

eden

Champion
Wow man this is awesome! Thanks for that...
Although there are problem reports, I hope not on my sys.
Though I wonder if it will allow the OSD in games, so I can arrange the 3d realism during gameplay.
By the way LoveGuru these are for Nvidia Detonator XP drivers, so if were using them, not Elsa's drivers, it should work.

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
i ahve the assu v7700 deluxe with the vr glasses. i have ahd the card for 4 months and haven't used the glasses yet. are they even compatible with all games?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

eden

Champion
Why the hell didn't you try them out???
Any person who even sees them coming in their video card would love to try them out!!
Asus made an On-Screen-Display that with a hotkey you can get a menu in any game to fix the 3d effects the way you want, but first you need to switch to stereoscopic mode... I don't have the card so I dunno how, but get the manual from Asus' site!

eden

Champion
Ooh that last remark about the refresh rate....eecchhh...
I dunno if my mon can go this much, it's a Vision Labs 17", but I dunno its refresh rate limits! How can I? In Advanced Settings, there is only Optimal Rate and Default one. No Refresh rate choices! Can anyone tell me how can I find it? Cuz those refresh rates look quite high... I use 1024*768 btw, I dunno what RR hz I should use if the Asus card gives me options... without damaging this monitor!
You said you tried them with UT? How was it?
And it's good to hear some people are also getting it this end of year, thanks to Nvidia's price drop marketting after new card comes in!
I also DLed the manual, to see how it all works, was big but cool to learn. It teaches about the Stereoscopic modes too.

eden

Champion
Sadly it doesn't detect what monitor too! It sets standard VGA, and settings has up to 1600*1400 but that's by the video card capabilities, not my monitor. I tried visionlabs.com but you'd be surprised the intelligence of a guy that makes a site with 2 links only about monitors!! Any way to find refresh rate compliance?
Also how was UT with 3d glasses?

eden

Champion
I GOT GOOD NEWS GUYS!
I just looked at Nvidia's site, after searching a bit, and they have a driver that enables Asus Deluxe cards to use its 3dStereo software!!! This probably means if I have probs or not satisfied with Asus drivers, I can switch to Detonator XP and have the 3d Stereo driver installed and use the glasses which are listed on the support list and get max performance!!! WOOHOO

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
eden, elt me know how the invidia drivers work out for ya. i know that when i tried the 21(i think) invidia drivers my fps went down about 10fps in cs.

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

eden

Champion
Here is the link (the site doesn't seem to link to it in any way without searching for it...): <A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010614_4380" target="_new">http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010614_4380</A>
I dunno about feautres but I think in default they should be there... I hope! Besides they don't need such drivers anyway, it's the program you will use to capture or use the TV Output that counts, not the Nvidia or Asus drivers... I am pretty sure.
Most people loved the 21.83 drivers so I shouldn't be concerned about them but I will give it a try if Asus' drivers are not helping. I take it you're using an Asus card right?