Nvidia GF2 ULTRA, which one?

geminiguy

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
Ok, after doing some extensive and exhausting research. I have seen so far that the Nvidia GF2 ULTRA is the best card on the market for the $ (correct me if I am wrong, please). The Nvidia GF2Ti runs slower than the Ultra. The questions I have is, which card is the best to get with the ULTRA chipset on it? I really don't want to spend more than $180, any suggestions?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by geminiguy on 10/20/01 03:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Why not get the Geforce3 Ti 200 for about the same price?

After the lastest drivers, I'd bet even the slower Ge3 Ti 200 is faster than the Ultra, and as newer games come out utilizing more DX8 features, the Ge3 will have much more longevity than the Ultra.

I'm starting to get tired of saying Ge3 Ti 200... henceforth I shall abbreviate it as G3T2 :D

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

geminiguy

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001
I've noticed on about 10 test sites that the G3T2 came even with the G2U in most cases, some the G2U overcame the G3T2. So, this has me in a mind bender. Also, the G3T2 is kinda out of my price range at this point. The G2U is still going for about $180 also...grrr. It's been rough just trying to find a "Name" to go with the chipset, no sites offer that. HELP!! :(

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
what are you talking about?
the G3T2 always won over the G2U, over more OCing it abit will compare it performance-wise to the normal G3

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

G

Creative makes one, and so does visiontek... ASUS too I thought. those are the branded ones I know of.