Hi Guys,help me out Im working off XP,home edition.When I save a word doc it
saves as (*.wps) I sent it via outlook express and some people have told me
it cant be opened....I know it should be saved as a Word doc but the drop
down list I get gives me a list of types and I dont no which one to
use..Microsoft Word opens As Microsoft Works word Processor is this the same
as Word on older systems

In future, you'll do better to ask questions about Word in one of the
newsgroups dedicated to Word.

Open Word, go to Tools > Options > Save - Default Format. Under "Save Word
files as..." choose Word Documenent (*..doc).

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Conor D" <conor_dalton@vodafone.ie> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,help me out Im working off XP,home edition.When I save a word doc
it
> saves as (*.wps) I sent it via outlook express and some people have told
me
> it cant be opened....I know it should be saved as a Word doc but the drop
> down list I get gives me a list of types and I dont no which one to
> use..Microsoft Word opens As Microsoft Works word Processor is this the
same
> as Word on older systems

Also, the Works word processor and Word are not the same thing.