XP - Favorites not sorting alphabetically

:( Hi All, I can sort my favorites alphabetically in my favorites
folder in windows explorer but when I use the internet and click on my
favorites tab, the list is all over the place! this very frustrating
for me as I look for my links.

thanks in advance,

Fergus

--
FergusF

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:FergusF.1tyjq7@pcbanter.net,
FergusF <FergusF.1tyjq7@pcbanter.net> had this to say:

> :( Hi All, I can sort my favorites alphabetically in my favorites
> folder in windows explorer but when I use the internet and click on my
> favorites tab, the list is all over the place! this very frustrating
> for me as I look for my links.
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Fergus

Open IE, open the favorites, right click any one, click sort by name.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes

IE | Favorites from the top Toolbar | When the flyout menu opens move your
cursor down a bit | Right click | Sort By Name

This does not work from the Favorites pane.
-----

To organize your Favorites in Explorer instead of using the Organize
Favorites dialog, hold the shift key while selecting "Organize Favorites"
from the Favorites menu of an Explorer window.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User