Desktop and quick launch icons appearing inside white squa..

Hi! After running a program called System Mechanic (from Iolo technologies) I
discovered my computer had stopped working properly and kept telling me that
files essential to the smooth running of windows had been changed. I did a
system restore operation and almost everything went back to normal. The only
exception is my desktop icons, and icons on the quick lanch bar. They're
appearing inside white squares and not against the desktop wallpaper like
they should (almost as if the wallpaper has not loaded properly under the
icons) . Could system mechanic or system restore have affected their
appearance and is this problem curable? I hope someone can help me out with
this problem? It'll be much appreciated.

Hi

If System Mechanic has an 'undo' option, try that.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User