Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?

I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
telephone network?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

providing the phone is modem enabled it is generally straightforward, I use
bluetooth connection to the phone ( but a cable will work just as well) most
nokias and a lot of others offer a software download that will pretty well
automate the process, I currently bypass the modem and just use the gprs
settings as I find it quicker than the modem, obviously you must be
subscribed to a gprs service, the same applies well to pdas as well, good
luck
--
there are no problems just challenges

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

> Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
> connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?
>
> I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
> connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
> telephone network?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway
> Computer Solutions

See the answers to your previous post.

"Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
> connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?
>
> I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
> connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
> telephone network?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Ridgeway
> Computer Solutions