Connecting via a mobile phone

Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?

I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
telephone network?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions
2 answers Last reply
More about connecting mobile phone

    providing the phone is modem enabled it is generally straightforward, I use
    bluetooth connection to the phone ( but a cable will work just as well) most
    nokias and a lot of others offer a software download that will pretty well
    automate the process, I currently bypass the modem and just use the gprs
    settings as I find it quicker than the modem, obviously you must be
    subscribed to a gprs service, the same applies well to pdas as well, good
    luck
    --
    there are no problems just challenges

    "Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

    > Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
    > connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?
    >
    > I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
    > connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
    > telephone network?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions

    See the answers to your previous post.

    "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any sources for information on what is needed for
    > connecting a lap-top to a mobile phone (for accessing the Internet)?
    >
    > I would presume a PCMCIA modem card or USB modem but what about the
    > connection to the phone, what phone and what are the requirements of the
    > telephone network?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bill Ridgeway
    > Computer Solutions