Sign in with
Your question

Problems downgrading win8 to win7 Vaios S13 laptop

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Drivers
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
February 23, 2013 3:38:36 PM

I purchased a Sony Vaio S13 Windows 8 Laptop Model SVS13A290X. Im not very fond of Win 8 so I tried installing Windows 7 with the drivers provided by the Sony Support website but some functions like hotkeys, vaio update, battery drain issues and in general some graphic drivers issues still clutter the experience. I tried numerous reinstalls and different installation orders for each drivers with no success.

Any ideas? Should I borrow drivers from other models? Any easer way to downgrade my Win 8?

More about : problems downgrading win8 win7 vaios s13 laptop

a c 249 D Laptop
a b \ Driver
February 23, 2013 9:55:21 PM

Hi :) 

Drivers from other models wont work...you HAVE to get them from the Sony support site for YOUR model... same with the software...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
February 23, 2013 10:43:32 PM

software like hotkeys wont work with 8 unless there specifically for 8 and you shouldn't really need them either

battery drain issues - also doubt its any different, read outs might differ sure but overall lifespan of the battery should remain the same under the same use and conditions etc
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2013 11:23:41 PM

roroxiiroro,

I just experienced this with my wife's Vaio after the Restore partition failed to restore the laptop. If you haven't done the following yet, start here.

Look at #6476 in the thread. I realize it's for Windows 8 but you might give it a try. Worked for my wife's laptop running Win 7 64 bit.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony-owners-lounge-foru...

Hope this helps.
m
l
!