I have a file which, when I try to delete it, I receive the error message
that the file is in use by another program. I know it shouldn't be as it's a
AVI file.
Can somebody tell me the best way to remove this file - I think it's through
safe mode but can't remember how to get there either.

Thanks in advance

Orc

To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
called Unlocker
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

"here" <not@this.address> wrote in message
>I have a file which, when I try to delete it, I receive the error message
>that the file is in use by another program. I know it shouldn't be as it's
>a AVI file.
> Can somebody tell me the best way to remove this file - I think it's
> through safe mode but can't remember how to get there either.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Orc

Thanks for your help

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
> To delete undeletable files use the excellent program by Cedrick Collomb
> called Unlocker
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

> "here" <not@this.address> wrote in message
>>I have a file which, when I try to delete it, I receive the error message
>>that the file is in use by another program. I know it shouldn't be as it's
>>a AVI file.
>> Can somebody tell me the best way to remove this file - I think it's
>> through safe mode but can't remember how to get there either.
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Orc

Orc,

See: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1206400,00.asp
and http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"here" <not@this.address> wrote in message
>I have a file which, when I try to delete it, I receive the error message
>that the file is in use by another program. I know it shouldn't be as it's
>a AVI file.
> Can somebody tell me the best way to remove this file - I think it's
> through safe mode but can't remember how to get there either.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Orc

Thank you for your help

> Orc,
>
> See: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1206400,00.asp
> and http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "here" <not@this.address> wrote in message
>>I have a file which, when I try to delete it, I receive the error message
>>that the file is in use by another program. I know it shouldn't be as it's
>>a AVI file.
>> Can somebody tell me the best way to remove this file - I think it's
>> through safe mode but can't remember how to get there either.
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Orc

You're welcome.

--