Printer Spooler Service Internet Access

Since the lastest update, I have my Internet firewall (Norton Sercurity
2005) keep flagging an attempt by the Priner Spooler Service to access
the internet.
It seems to happen once a screen saver has run, and dispite telling the
firewall to either accept or refuse it keeps coming up.

Now I know that this is a XP forum and not a Norton forum, but I'm
thinking that the update must have altered something for it to keep
setting the thing off, especially as when I disable the screensaver,
restart and the problem goes away.

Help please!!

Cheers

--
storm101m

Deny the print spooler internet access and find an option to not bother you
with it again.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:storm101m.1tz0e3@pcbanter.net,
storm101m <storm101m.1tz0e3@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
> Since the lastest update, I have my Internet firewall (Norton Sercurity
> 2005) keep flagging an attempt by the Priner Spooler Service to access
> the internet.
> It seems to happen once a screen saver has run, and dispite telling the
> firewall to either accept or refuse it keeps coming up.
>
> Now I know that this is a XP forum and not a Norton forum, but I'm
> thinking that the update must have altered something for it to keep
> setting the thing off, especially as when I disable the screensaver,
> restart and the problem goes away.
>
> Help please!!
>

> Cheers
>

> --
> storm101m

mine is doing exactly that same thing, please let me know what you find to
fix it!! Thanx, Jim jim@jimsplace.US

"storm101m" wrote:

> Since the lastest update, I have my Internet firewall (Norton Sercurity
> 2005) keep flagging an attempt by the Priner Spooler Service to access
> the internet.
> It seems to happen once a screen saver has run, and dispite telling the
> firewall to either accept or refuse it keeps coming up.
>
> Now I know that this is a XP forum and not a Norton forum, but I'm
> thinking that the update must have altered something for it to keep
> setting the thing off, especially as when I disable the screensaver,
> restart and the problem goes away.
>
> Help please!!
>

> Cheers
>

> --
> storm101m

I think I may have fixed it! Open Norton, double click "personal firewall",
go to configure, click on "trusted sites", now add the IP address it keeps
poping up under "more information". In my case there were 2. I added them to
the "trusted sites" and wala!!!! So far so good. I'll post reults in the am
when I get up.

"storm101m" wrote:

> Since the lastest update, I have my Internet firewall (Norton Sercurity
> 2005) keep flagging an attempt by the Priner Spooler Service to access
> the internet.
> It seems to happen once a screen saver has run, and dispite telling the
> firewall to either accept or refuse it keeps coming up.
>
> Now I know that this is a XP forum and not a Norton forum, but I'm
> thinking that the update must have altered something for it to keep
> setting the thing off, especially as when I disable the screensaver,
> restart and the problem goes away.
>
> Help please!!
>

> Cheers
>

> --
> storm101m

Why are you allowing the Print Spooler internet access? Are you on a
network?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:A31CC063-43E0-4AF7-93DE-6391C95242D4@microsoft.com,
ixr <ixr@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I think I may have fixed it! Open Norton, double click "personal
> firewall", go to configure, click on "trusted sites", now add the IP
> address it keeps poping up under "more information". In my case there
> were 2. I added them to the "trusted sites" and wala!!!! So far so
> good. I'll post reults in the am when I get up.
>

> "storm101m" wrote:
>

>> Since the lastest update, I have my Internet firewall (Norton Sercurity
>> 2005) keep flagging an attempt by the Priner Spooler Service to access
>> the internet.
>> It seems to happen once a screen saver has run, and dispite telling the
>> firewall to either accept or refuse it keeps coming up.
>>
>> Now I know that this is a XP forum and not a Norton forum, but I'm
>> thinking that the update must have altered something for it to keep
>> setting the thing off, especially as when I disable the screensaver,
>> restart and the problem goes away.
>>
>> Help please!!
>>

>> Cheers
>>

>> --
>> storm101m

I have no idea why a printer needs access to the internet but I was sick of
seeing the error msg.
This is the page to the fix from Norton.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/a1171f66440d932988256fb00082d2d6/3ebb701bd3f0215a88256ce70064910f?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20Internet%20Security&ver=2005%20AntiSpyware%20Edition&src=csm&pcode=nis&svy=&csm=no

It has been working perfectly since I followed these instructions.
Have a great day, Jim