GregF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

I noticed on one of my XP PCs that under device manager it has errors
for the VGA adaptor and COM1 and COM2. It says that there are no
drivers installed. I've tried to reinstall, uninstall, rollback,
windows update, and tried to install from the Windows disc, but it says
it can't find a driver for these.
Everything is working fine, except this KVM switch that I'm trying to
hook up, it won't switch, and I think it may have something to do with
this. Can someone tell me how to "fix" these issues? Where do I go to
get these drivers and install them? How did they get uninstalled?

GregF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

The problem is they won't give me a full refund on the KVM, so I'm
trying to get this one to work. They say there's something wrong with
the OS.

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Disconnect the KVM if the problem goes away get a quality KVM switch.

> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> >I noticed on one of my XP PCs that under device manager it has errors
> > for the VGA adaptor and COM1 and COM2. It says that there are no
> > drivers installed. I've tried to reinstall, uninstall, rollback,
> > windows update, and tried to install from the Windows disc, but it says
> > it can't find a driver for these.
> > Everything is working fine, except this KVM switch that I'm trying to
> > hook up, it won't switch, and I think it may have something to do with
> > this. Can someone tell me how to "fix" these issues? Where do I go to
> > get these drivers and install them? How did they get uninstalled?

Disconnect the KVM if the problem goes away get a quality KVM switch.

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
>I noticed on one of my XP PCs that under device manager it has errors
> for the VGA adaptor and COM1 and COM2. It says that there are no
> drivers installed. I've tried to reinstall, uninstall, rollback,
> windows update, and tried to install from the Windows disc, but it says
> it can't find a driver for these.
> Everything is working fine, except this KVM switch that I'm trying to
> hook up, it won't switch, and I think it may have something to do with
> this. Can someone tell me how to "fix" these issues? Where do I go to
> get these drivers and install them? How did they get uninstalled?

GregF

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2004

They would exchange it, but I don't trust that it would work even then.
I tried it on 2 other PCs and it worked fine. So it's something about
this one PC it doesn't like, so it's not a manufacturing flaw but a
flaw inherent in their KVM that doesn't like this particular PC or OS
or something that they won't identify.