Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script

Using Windows XP Home. When I log on I get the window (Windows Script
Host).

In the message, it shows the following -

Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script" C:\program
files\support.com\client\|server\server.vbs"

How can I correct this problem?

John
2 answers Last reply
More about find script engine vbscript script

    C:\program files\support.com\client\|server\server.vbs

    server.vbs is part of W32/Maldal.c@MM virus
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99285.htm

    Update your antivirus software and run a full system scan.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:11g9n2d5o1v6rf0@corp.supernews.com,
    Charlie <johnh7@cableone.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Using Windows XP Home. When I log on I get the window (Windows Script
    > Host).
    >
    > In the message, it shows the following -
    >
    > Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script" C:\program
    > files\support.com\client\|server\server.vbs"
    >
    > How can I correct this problem?
    >
    > John
  2. a. Click on start button, type cmd. In the search result right-click on cmd and selectRun as administrator.
    b. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in command prompt and press enter.
    c. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll in command prompt and press enter.

    I did this and it helped.

Engine VBScript Support Servers Windows XP