search assistant, indexing, directories & catalogues

Paul

Splendid

Hi everyone,
I've been reading up lately about the search assistant, indexing, directories & catalogues etc and
now I am more lost than ever! I'm generally pretty good at finding my way around a computer but this
time I'm going to ask for help...
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! :p

I want to locate the file "GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe" (C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware) as a
test and I can't... Grrrr! I have managed to locate "giantsquid_sm[1].jpg" :p that I have in a
Temporary Internet Files folder, but no exe file. I am using the search string: "@filename giant*"
in the search field: "A word or phrase in the file", I am running WinXP HOME.

I suppose what I am asking is how do I OPTIMALLY setup my indexing service to index EVERY file,
their file names, their extensions, their text etc etc etc on my HDD. I want to be able to search
for absolutely anything.

ANY help is very much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

Create this registry file and run it to change the default search behavior. Search will usually only look for text inside of files
with a registered filetype association

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*] @="{5e941d80-bf96-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

--
Mark L. Ferguson