gf3 vs the gf3 ti?

G

Can someone briefly explain why the gf3 is usually more $$ than the gf3ti with the same maker? What does the gf3 have that the ti doesn't have. Sorry is this is too basic im just trying to get a good grasp of all the video cards and features before I purchase one.

eden

Champion
Yes but he didn't specify which Ti, maybe it was the 500! If it's the Ti500 then maybe it's cuz the seller used Nvidia's definition of Ti, as in Titanium, a cheaper metal so low pricing for parts.

eden

Champion
I meant that if he was talking about the TI500, and that it is indeed less expensive than the GF3, maybe it is because of the Titanium parts factor, being less costing to produce. If not, then it's the TI200 so it is because it's clocked much lower, lower performance, but still a GF3.

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
there are two types of geforce3 ti's: the geforce3 ti200 and the geforce3 ti500. then there's the bread and butter geforce3. to put these cards in order of performace(from best to "worst"):

geforce3 ti500
geforce3
geforce3 ti200

the cheaper gf3ti you were talking about would be the ti200. anyways, generally, the difference between the 3 cards is basically the performance and the price (ti500 supoosedly being the best performer and most expensive, ti200 being the cheapest and "worst" performer and the regular gf3 being in the middle).

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

G

If you're trying to decide between the standard gf3, and a ti200, go with the ti200. It gets along famously with overclockers, and get even get to ti500 levels with some extra cooling. Getting to standard GF3 levels is easy, even without extra cooling.

So go with that one, I'd say.

<font color=blue>Jesus saves...</font color=blue><font color=red>and takes half damage!</font color=red>

dejay

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2001
You may be mistaking what you saw advertised with the gf<b>2</b>Ti.

<font color=purple>I'm new here, I don't deserve a sig.</font color=purple>