chkdsk error 0x0000007E

August 18, 2005 4:59:06 PM

Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
(0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.

i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
Does anyone have any sugestions ????

This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=...

Regards,
Gerard
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 8:29:02 PM

Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_...

Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
installations to figure this one out! :)

"Gerard" wrote:

> Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
> then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
> check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
> everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
> comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
> shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
> (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
> base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
>
> i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
> then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
> the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
> Does anyone have any sugestions ????
>
> This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=...
>
> Regards,
> Gerard
August 19, 2005 3:48:16 PM

hi, my nero is 5.5.10.45, is that to old ? on the site of nero there are no
update's for 5.5, if i uninstall the nero, would that fix the problem if it
is nero ?
greatings,
Gerard

"usasma" wrote:

> Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_...
>
> Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
> about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
> installations to figure this one out! :)
>
> "Gerard" wrote:
>
> > Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
> > then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
> > check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
> > everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
> > comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
> > shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
> > (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
> > base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
> >
> > i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
> > then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
> > the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
> > Does anyone have any sugestions ????
> >
> > This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
> > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gerard
August 22, 2005 7:09:03 AM

Hello, i have updated my nero, but that didn't help, then i updated my INCD
from 4.0 to 4.3 and that did work !!
thanks for the help...
regards
Gerard