chkdsk error 0x0000007E

Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
(0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.

i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
Does anyone have any sugestions ????

This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=0X0000007E&x=10&y=10&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False

Regards,
Gerard
3 answers Last reply
More about chkdsk error 0x0000007e

    Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_rec.sys&btnG=Search

    Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
    about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
    installations to figure this one out! :)

    "Gerard" wrote:

    > Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
    > then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
    > check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
    > everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
    > comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
    > shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
    > (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
    > base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
    >
    > i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
    > then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
    > the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
    > Does anyone have any sugestions ????
    >
    > This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
    > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=0X0000007E&x=10&y=10&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gerard

    hi, my nero is 5.5.10.45, is that to old ? on the site of nero there are no
    update's for 5.5, if i uninstall the nero, would that fix the problem if it
    is nero ?
    greatings,
    Gerard

    "usasma" wrote:

    > Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_rec.sys&btnG=Search
    >
    > Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
    > about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
    > installations to figure this one out! :)
    >
    > "Gerard" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
    > > then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
    > > check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
    > > everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
    > > comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
    > > shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
    > > (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
    > > base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
    > >
    > > i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
    > > then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
    > > the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
    > > Does anyone have any sugestions ????
    > >
    > > This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=0X0000007E&x=10&y=10&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Gerard

    Hello, i have updated my nero, but that didn't help, then i updated my INCD
    from 4.0 to 4.3 and that did work !!
    thanks for the help...
    regards
    Gerard

    "Gerard" wrote:

    > hi, my nero is 5.5.10.45, is that to old ? on the site of nero there are no
    > update's for 5.5, if i uninstall the nero, would that fix the problem if it
    > is nero ?
    > greatings,
    > Gerard
    >
    > "usasma" wrote:
    >
    > > Try the results of this Google search - lot's of good info there:
    > > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=0x0000007E+Fs_rec.sys&btnG=Search
    > >
    > > Do you have Nero? Is it updated? That's one of the solutions that I read
    > > about. We'll need to know more about recent hardware and software
    > > installations to figure this one out! :)
    > >
    > > "Gerard" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello, if i check my c:\ drive with windows, chkdsk and i do that in windows,
    > > > then windows gives no error messages, if i do it with the options marked,
    > > > check and repair, the the pc must be started again and the chkdks begins,
    > > > everthing goes right untill (5/5) check free disk space, the following error
    > > > comes on the sceen, at 90%, error : update the bios or disable caching &
    > > > shadowing : stop : 0x0000007E
    > > > (0xC0000005, 0xF9F4E51D, 0xF9E69C38, 0xF9E69934) Fs_rec.sys adress F9F4E51D
    > > > base at F9F4E000 datestamp 3b7d8361.
    > > >
    > > > i have updated the bios , and tryed to disable all chace and shadowing but
    > > > then windows is starting very slow. I have pulled all the extra cards out of
    > > > the pc, so the pc is as empty as possible, but nothing helps !!!
    > > > Does anyone have any sugestions ????
    > > >
    > > > This site i also have been watching but noting seems to work :
    > > > http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=0X0000007E&x=10&y=10&catalog=LCID%3D1033&spid=1173&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Gerard

Chkdsk Windows XP