I installed xp pro on my pavilion a430n computer. It installed xp pro in a
new folder windows1. I lost all of my hp programs and help, even f 10 would
not work. I want to go back to original home xp without losing any programs
,files, drivers, ect. Nothing is working in xp pro. I can still see all files
and folders and original windows folder.Thanks for your help. Gerald P. Wagner

I think you painted yourself into a corner. If xp home came with your
HP computer then you probably just have a Recovery Cd or Partition. It looks
like you performed a new install of WinXP pro and not an upgrade. If that's
the case
then all you can do is wipe everything clean (format) and do another
clean install of WinXP pro after you backup your
important files.