Error 1722-Problem with windows installer Package

August 18, 2005 9:27:14 PM

Hi,
Is there anyone out there who can help? I am a Windows XP Home user. The
problem I am having happens when I try to update Java automatically. I never
received this message in the past during automatic updates. First I get a
message that says, "Java Update cannot install because the directory you have
chosen is locked, please close any browser or applications that is using the
directory you have chosen for installation." Then when I cancel it, instead
of retry, I get a message that says "Error 1722 Problem with Windows
Installer Package." I have moderate knowledge of computers but I can't seem
to solve this problem. Also a file sharing program I have,"360Share," just
stopped operating. The program runs on start-up but once I login it just
shows the graphics display for about 10 sec. and then disappears....nothing.
I tried uninstalling and re-installing still I get nothing not even an error
message. Is there anyone who knows how to solve these problems?
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 10:55:11 PM

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=553785

--