Windows XP Pro Logon question

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to get windows xp sp2 at
the logon screen where you enter your name, then password. to stop having my
user name already displayed on boot up. My laptop my job has furnished me
everytime I boot up requires me to type in my user name then password. How
can I get my home computer to do the same thing?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows logon question

    > Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to get windows xp sp2
    > at
    > the logon screen where you enter your name, then password. to stop having
    > my
    > user name already displayed on boot up. My laptop my job has furnished me
    > everytime I boot up requires me to type in my user name then password. How
    > can I get my home computer to do the same thing?

    Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way user logs on or off >
    "Uncheck" Use the welcome screen.

    --
    William

    Go to control panel -> User Accounts -> change the way users log on or
    off and uncheck the User the welcome screen. If you want to use welcome
    screen, just press twice ctrl + alt + del at the login screen.

    "Chris" wrote:

    > Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to get windows xp sp2 at
    > the logon screen where you enter your name, then password. to stop having my
    > user name already displayed on boot up. My laptop my job has furnished me
    > everytime I boot up requires me to type in my user name then password. How
    > can I get my home computer to do the same thing?

Boot Windows XP