Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to get windows xp sp2 at
the logon screen where you enter your name, then password. to stop having my
user name already displayed on boot up. My laptop my job has furnished me
everytime I boot up requires me to type in my user name then password. How
can I get my home computer to do the same thing?

> Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am trying to get windows xp sp2
> at
> the logon screen where you enter your name, then password. to stop having
> my
> user name already displayed on boot up. My laptop my job has furnished me
> everytime I boot up requires me to type in my user name then password. How
> can I get my home computer to do the same thing?

Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way user logs on or off >
"Uncheck" Use the welcome screen.

--
William

Go to control panel -> User Accounts -> change the way users log on or
off and uncheck the User the welcome screen. If you want to use welcome
screen, just press twice ctrl + alt + del at the login screen.