saving file to cd

I want to save a Quickbooks file to a cd and cannot find how to do this. I
have tried to save other files from Microsoft work and cannot do that either.
I bought a program to burn cds and have saved my word files that way, but
cannot do it with Quickbooks. I am a novice so be gentle in your responses.
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about saving file

    Waffles23 <Waffles23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I want to save a Quickbooks file to a cd and cannot find how to do this. I
    >have tried to save other files from Microsoft work and cannot do that either.
    > I bought a program to burn cds and have saved my word files that way, but
    >cannot do it with Quickbooks. I am a novice so be gentle in your responses.
    >Thank you.

    My personal opinion is that you should not save your data direct to
    the CDRW drive. Doing this results in there being only one copy of
    the saved file and if the disk that the files is saved on gets damaged
    or becomes corrupted in some way then you have no easy way of
    recovering.

    What you should be doing is saving the data file onto your hard drive,
    and then using your CD burning program (or Windows Explorer) to copy
    the saved data files to the CD Burner drive. That way you have both
    the original file on the hard drive and the backup copy on the CD.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP