Wide screen DVD

mkn100

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2001
Hi everyone,

When I maximize my DVD screen, it's in Wide Screen mode. Is there any way to make it full screen? I want the picture to be displayed all the way to the top and bottom edge of the monitor. Is it possible?
Thank!
Mike

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
It might be possible, with some players. However stretching a 16x9 image to the full screen of a monitor with a normal aspect ratio (4x3) would appear quite ugly.

AMD = Anger Management Disorder

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
depends what DVD program you use, PowerDVD can reconfigure the picture to a number of different screen sizes but as was mentioned before, you really dont want to mess with the native DVD resolution too much or it starts to look crummy.

Also, look on the DVD itself, some DVD's have widescreen/letterbox AND Pan&Scan/Full Screen versions, it is just a matter of selecting which format to play.

Some DVD's have only Full Screen, example: Simpsons Complete First Season DVD Set, there is no letterbox format to "The Simpsons", it will only play in full screen.

sorry if I make no sense at all but hopefully you get the point.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Those black bars are a part of the movie watching experience so enjoy them, of get a wid screen TV to play them on:)

If it works for you then don't fix it.