is it ok to delete everything on LOCAL SETTINGS/TEMP?

RJ

i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
thanks...
rj

tinkerer

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

I delete mine on a fairly regular basis, and it's also good to empty it if
you are having install/uninstall issues. I'd wait for someone else to speak
up first before going ahead though. Just speaking from my personal
experience...:)

--

Cheers,
Tinkerer

"rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
thanks...
rj

RJ

thanks!!!
i deleted the files...
but still have no space. i've deleted many programs i don't use, yet i only
have 400mg available.
what else can i do?

"Tinkerer" wrote:

> I delete mine on a fairly regular basis, and it's also good to empty it if
> you are having install/uninstall issues. I'd wait for someone else to speak
> up first before going ahead though. Just speaking from my personal
> experience...:)
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
> Tinkerer
>

> "rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
> is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
> thanks...
> rj

RJ

ok, i just read some old posts and the suggestions were to move programs from
C to D drive...
how do i do that?
what's the difference?
help
please................................................................................

"rj" wrote:

> thanks!!!
> i deleted the files...
> but still have no space. i've deleted many programs i don't use, yet i only
> have 400mg available.
> what else can i do?
>
> "Tinkerer" wrote:
>
> > I delete mine on a fairly regular basis, and it's also good to empty it if
> > you are having install/uninstall issues. I'd wait for someone else to speak
> > up first before going ahead though. Just speaking from my personal
> > experience...:)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tinkerer
> >

> > "rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
> > is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
> > thanks...
> > rj

tinkerer

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

One of the things that I do is to move My Documents to the D: drive. Right
click the My Documents Icon, then click Properties. Then click the Move
button. Navigate to the D: drive and create a folder( I labeled it My
Documents), name it and click ok. It should ask you if you'd like to move
your documents and click yes.

As far as moving the actual install of the programs to the D: drive instead
of the default location, that's beyond me at the moment and I'm sure someone
will help you.

--

"rj" wrote:

> thanks!!!
> i deleted the files...
> but still have no space. i've deleted many programs i don't use, yet i
> only
> have 400mg available.
> what else can i do?
>
> "Tinkerer" wrote:
>
> > I delete mine on a fairly regular basis, and it's also good to empty it
> > if
> > you are having install/uninstall issues. I'd wait for someone else to
> > speak
> > up first before going ahead though. Just speaking from my personal
> > experience...:)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tinkerer
> >

> > "rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
> > is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
> > thanks...
> > rj

thanks tinkerer!

"Tinkerer" wrote:

> One of the things that I do is to move My Documents to the D: drive. Right
> click the My Documents Icon, then click Properties. Then click the Move
> button. Navigate to the D: drive and create a folder( I labeled it My
> Documents), name it and click ok. It should ask you if you'd like to move
> your documents and click yes.
>
> As far as moving the actual install of the programs to the D: drive instead
> of the default location, that's beyond me at the moment and I'm sure someone
> will help you.
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
> Tinkerer
>

> "rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok, i just read some old posts and the suggestions were to move programs
> from
> C to D drive...
> how do i do that?
> what's the difference?
> help
> please................................................................................
>

> "rj" wrote:
>
> > thanks!!!
> > i deleted the files...
> > but still have no space. i've deleted many programs i don't use, yet i
> > only
> > have 400mg available.
> > what else can i do?
> >
> > "Tinkerer" wrote:
> >
> > > I delete mine on a fairly regular basis, and it's also good to empty it
> > > if
> > > you are having install/uninstall issues. I'd wait for someone else to
> > > speak
> > > up first before going ahead though. Just speaking from my personal
> > > experience...:)
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tinkerer
> > >

> > > "rj" <rj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > i keep getting messages saying i have low amount of disk space...
> > > is it ok for me to delete the TEMP files on local settings?
> > > thanks...
> > > rj

yes...

"bxf" wrote: