Is my VisionTek 6964 GeForce 3 Ti broken?

DaveyB

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
I just bought a new VisionTek XTasy GeForce 3 Ti 500 today and installed it. Now usually, my older NVidia cards displayed their BIOS info at startup. This card however, does not, nor does it show the "Starting Windows 2000" progress bar before going to the Win2K splash screen. Any ideas?

My rig:

AMD Athlon T-Bird 1200MHz
Asus A7M266 Mobo w/ BIOS 1.004
NVidia Reference Drivers 21.83
512MB of DDR Memory
AGP Aperature set to 256

So what could be causing this? My old Prophet 2 MX never displayed this problem..any ideas? Windows loads fine and works fine, and all games work fine, but this is bothering me, having me think something is wrong with the card...

G

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

You may want to send an e-mail to NVidia, but I'm pretty sure there is no problem.
My friend has a Ti500, and I don't believe his shows the info at startup either.

<font color=blue>Jesus saves...</font color=blue><font color=red>and takes half damage!</font color=red>

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I have the same card and mine does not show the video BIOS at startup either. I was a little concerned at first, but it seems to be working fine, so I quit worrying about it. I'm running Win 98 SE, so I can't help you with the Windows 2000 issue.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>